First picker!!

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my first picker today while trying out a new claim. Though i am beyond happy i must pose a question. I ran about 8 buckets through my BGT and pulled this picker and 2 other substantial pieces out, no where near this one, but nice in their own respects. Does this picker necessarily mean theres more there to be found? I didnt find much in the way of flour gold, almost none. ive heard of beginners luck when it comes to bigger gold so i just want to hear the thoughts of those who have been at this longer. My gut is telling me to completely excavate this spot!

picker.jpg

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like pickers are attracted to those Bazookas! Way to go!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been at this off and on for years and I would sure as heck get back in that hole!!

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig it up! Dig it deep! It looks quite coarse so you may be close to the source. Flour gold indicates it has traveled quite some distance by several means.

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty excited, im gonna get back in that same hole on saturday with a buddy. That bazooka just blows through the dirt! only takes me about a minute or two to run an entire bucket of dirt, a two man operation and i can see a 50-80 bucket type day!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get down on and in the bedrock!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty excited, im gonna get back in that same hole on saturday with a buddy. That bazooka just blows through the dirt! only takes me about a minute or two to run an entire bucket of dirt, a two man operation and i can see a 50-80 bucket type day!
right! Awesome to hear of your early success too!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Amazing job! Keep up the hunt

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yeh!! Oregon gold!!
Can you give us a kinda area?
Congrats and I hope you find more.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice little chunk...:occasion14:

Gotta agree with the brethren here, as I'd be out there digging
that spot deeper and wider. Just one picker like that makes up for
a load of fine stuff!

Polished up your pic a bit:

picker-2.jpg

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to go back tomorrow and try and get 80 buckets through the BGT from that same hole. I'll post what I find!

mike crash

Greenie
Apr 11, 2014
Con grats!!!! Hay rub some of whatever you got going on on me. Waiting to find my first picker.feels good to know still plenty left to find. And I would dig all around that hole you found!!! Good luck !!!

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@jog. Are you a member of any of the prospecting clubs out here in eastern oregon?

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well guys.. I suck haha. I've realized im not too good at finding gold that doesn't reside in a stream bed. I tried many different spots, ran 38 buckets. got this.. photo (12).JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread