All Treasure Hunting
vamuve6e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree.

Did you find something in the stream that made you curious, other than the rock formation?

All the best,

Lanny

Geochemdog

Greenie
Mar 22, 2014
Norcal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto to above, Quartz. The rust colored piece is from, well....rust. IronII Oxide-Ferric oxide FeO which is pretty rare or IronIII Oxide Fe2O3, or Magnatite Fe3O4

OP
OP
B

biggdave92

Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm finding small stuff. Just trying to find the source if possible. This location is as close to the beginning of the creek as I can get. Sampled for 4 hours around this spot and only found 3 colors. Could be my lack of skills or lack of gold. Guess I'll move further down the creek. I do plan to crush some of this quartz though.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I'm finding small stuff. Just trying to find the source if possible. This location is as close to the beginning of the creek as I can get. Sampled for 4 hours around this spot and only found 3 colors. Could be my lack of skills or lack of gold. Guess I'll move further down the creek. I do plan to crush some of this quartz though.

Don't forget the source might be hidden or could be long gone.. eroded away thousands or millions of years ago.

My tip is to sample until you stop finding color. Once it stops go back and that's the source area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions