13 may 2014 dredging small creek

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a bad video! You are getting Gold but I wonder how much you are losing??!! I noticed that more than half of the upper riffles in your' sluice were clogged with rocks and debris. With that much rocks and debris clogging the riffles, I am certain a lot of the Gold is washing over them and out of the sluice before they have time to sink and settle. Try raising the angle on your' sluice next time to prevent the riffles from clogging and I am sure that you will see better results. The water flow appeared strong enough but if the riffles still clog after raising the angle of the sluice, then you might want to increase the water flow.

Good luck!

Frank

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually run it faster, but been running slower because of the riffle retention. If I run it faster the first two riffles hold concentrate, but the other riffles are completely clean. I am gonna run a keene 3 stage down there and see how well it holds the gold.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried running it maxed out while flattening out the box more? I run a 9hp/HP500 maxed out on my Proline 4" when a 5hp/HP350 is the minimum called for. The more material you can run the more gold you will get. The flared box works good at slowing the water down as it flows down the sluice so if it's cleaning out the lower half of the box like it looks like, I would level it more and crank it for a test run. I like the blaster hose but you will get a lot more pressure on it if you mount it into the pressure line. You have a nice looking dredge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread