F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.

What hasn't been revealed here is that every house that was built less than 20 years ago, that is sold in Placer county, pays a tax that goes to the private Placer Land Trust. That is where they get the money to buy private land along the river.

I personally think that is wrong, unfair, downright unsustainable and a sucker job on all those who buy a house less than 20 years old in Placer county. That's my opinion.

Still it's only the "taxpayer money" for those who buy a newer house in Placer county. If you were to live in Placer county you would have every right to not only complain about how ugly that particular tax is but you can also change the law!

That's right, all those evil folks that passed this garbage tax in the first place are elected by you and your neighbors. You want to make this go away? Vote anyone who supports this out of office. It's easy in such a small county as Placer. How many votes were those idiots elected by? How many would you have to take away to get them booted at the next election?

The big cry these days is for local control of government. Here it is right in front of you. Take control. You will be surprised how easy it is. I've done it. Put them in fear of losing their power and they will do whatever you want. How do you think the Placer Land Trust got their freebies in the first place? :laughing7:

I have no reason to object to private lands exchanging hands. Private property is one of the foundations of freedom in this country. I'll be the last man to tell someone what they can or cannot do with their private property.

That's my opinion. Doesn't mean a hill of beans because I don't live in Placer county. I CAN"T get that stupid law repealed, I can't vote for laws in other peoples counties.

Maybe some of you here do live in Placer county?

In the original Yuba Net article, In the 3rd paragraph ..."Placer County Land Trust partnered with the Trust for Public Land, which used grant funds from the
California Natural Resources Agency to purchase the property from a local developer."...
To me this means ALL calif. tax payers chipped in - to benefit the re-pristiners/joggers. my 2 cents

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"The rest is going to be developed as high end residential on the river", from your post. I do apoligize if associated your specific post with the sale, but this tactic of devalueing land, throwing the developer a bone by allowing them to develop a smaller portion, and buying it at at greatly reduced price with funds siezed from the public is extortion. The same tactics were used on the original owner of Emily Camp, locally here on the SJ river. I disagree with your assement, but I certainly did not intend to be disagreeable. I won't darken your posts in the future.

You don't darken my posts Oakview. ???

I do know some things about this specific sale. I can say the developer in no way was subjected to a devaluing of the land nor was he thrown a bone. The developer himself organized and facilitated this sale. It was entirely to his benefit. Very little of the Placer Land Trust's house tax money was used for this particular purchase.

Sometimes there is more than meets the eye. To give you an idea of where to look if you are particularly interested in this local private sale I would suggest you look into the seller Foresthill Land LLC and a certain, now defunct, trust the Foresthill Land Trust.

I'm pretty sure you will find, as I did, that you are barking up the wrong tree. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread