Anyone ever Pan in Louisiana????????

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hello, new here and just getting into the Metal Detecting thing, and I have had an interest in panning for gold for about the last 2 years. I have contacted the local GPAA chapter here in my area and I am going to the meeting on the 29th of this month. I have not purchased any panning equipment yet. I am waiting to see what happens at the meeting. Any suggestions that you may have for me would be appreciated. My main concern is where can I pan here close to home in Louisiana and South Arkansas? Also what can I expect if I do find gold, is this a profitable hobby, I am not expecting to get rich but I am curious as to what I should do with my gold once I find it. Too many questions I am sure, but I have to ask somewhere.

Upvote 0

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. I know the GPAA has found gold in Hemps Creek in Jena. I've panned a few creeks here locally, but haven't had any luck so far. I did see an episode on Gold Fever a few months ago, where they found some up in Arkansas. I don't remember exactly where, but your local chapter should have that information.

OP
OP
Kisatchie

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Thankyou, I have heard the same, but someone reports that the Hemps creek area is now off limits. I have a friend who lives on the head of that creek and another and I will check it out.

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
I haven't heard that. I do know a couple places on the creek that you might still be able to access. I'm not sure exactly where they were panning. I thought it was around the park area. Harris creek might also be productive. This is the next creek east and drains into Hemps just north of Nebo. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions