Have you guys considered a womans vibrator for gold/agitation?

go4thegold

Greenie
May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you guys considered a woman's vibrator for gold/agitation?

Although it sounds super... unconventional. I think a vibrator would be a perfect tool to add to any piece of small equipment!

Say a gold trap box inside the trap box itself. Of course. I would probably spray paint it black from the pink or light blue but hey.

Food for thought. :tongue3:

It's cheap and only uses batteries. Put it in a ziploc bag and attach it. GOLD agitation to the bottom woo!

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use two of these on my separation table. using a potentiometer switch you can make the lighter stuff jump or turn it up and everything starts jumping around.
View attachment 995029

I got one of the automotive seat massagers from a thrift store for 50 cents. Ripped it apart took the vib' motors and control and used them on my miller table and my clean up sluice. While it worked good I did notice that the magnets inside worked very well to pull the magnetics out but also built up the black sands causing a dam. I kept the motors for future use but don't use them for clean up any more. I found that it's faster to just run the cons through my cleanup sluice and pan out the cons.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Who says she has to give it up? I would just be borrowing it.....

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that the battery operated device would have enough vibration to do what you need done. Hell, they're designed for a very sensitive area. I was actually thinking of buying a cheap aquarium air pump and mounting the internals to a cleanup device. But now you're playing with 110v and water, so sealing your contraption would be a MUST.

Trevor

They vibrate quite a bit

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well you know a way to a woman's heart is diamonds and gold...she could have a gold coated vib..she would "love you, long time!"

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Although it sounds super... unconventional. I think a vibrator would be a perfect tool to add to any piece of small equipment!

Say a gold trap box inside the trap box itself. Of course. I would probably spray paint it black from the pink or light blue but hey.

It's cheap and only uses batteries. Put it in a ziploc bag and attach it. GOLD agitation to the bottom woo!

Well I guess if you have "small equipment" you probably would need one. LOL

:laughing7:

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
Lol! My buddy suggested that a couple of years ago to vibrate the screen on my highbanker. I said "that's a great idea! I can f*** the gold of the dirt"

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I once saw a Youtube video where this guy had taken a hose, probably a 1/2" inside diameter, and long enough to lay inside of a classifier with a vibrator inside of it. It worked surprisingly well. Wish I could find it again, and post it on here.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
So then, my secretary is actually looking for gold at her desk?

Now I'm really confused...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now kids don't show any pics of them

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow I believe no one would consider it because no one wants to get caught using it. I know I wouldn't. Although this thread has been filled with puns and jokes and I love all of em. The thread brought more laughs to me than a lot others. Go ahead and use it, just pray you have the right explanation when a miner happens to pass by you or anyone for that matter. I agree, the pans better than......using one of em. God help you if you get one.

Gross..................................................................

OP
OP
G

go4thegold

Greenie
May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad this brought so many giggles. I was simply meaning to add a little humor on here.
But thinking about it, it could possibly work if it was mounted the right way and water tight.

Good luck out there!

OP
OP
G

go4thegold

Greenie
May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys.

This thread has 69 likes.

That was the cherry on top no? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOps..I must have clicked on this thread by mistake...

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
As everyone laughs at it, I have actually tried it, and it does not work. I read in another fourm that you could put one in the palm of your hand in your gloves. putting your hand on the bottom of the pan with it on would shake the gold to the bottom. Then pan it out. In the end it did not produce enough vibration to do it. It was much faster to just pan like normal. I now have a bullet vibrator for anyone out there that wants one LOL. I would say clean it well if you are going to use it for personal use.

I say it never hurts to try, you all can laugh but at least I know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread