enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of problems over there. Just to let you know, Tom no longer owns the GPAA. I'm sure someone will try to disparage that, but it's true. Brandon Johnson now owns the GPAA. He will still do the gold shows and such. No expo shows east of Missouri. It's a sad day indeed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of problems over there. Just to let you know, Tom no longer owns the GPAA. I'm sure someone will try to disparage that, but it's true. Brandon Johnson now owns the GPAA. He will still do the gold shows and such. No expo shows east of Missouri. It's a sad day indeed.

No expo shows east of Missouri
?

I was just going to ask :(
as it looks like Washington State was the last

Gold and Treasure Shows > Home

that is Sad

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up on the new GPAA forum.

Just too user unfriendly for my liking. First I couldn't figure out how to post photos and then going to the bottom of the pages to get to the tool to scroll side to side to read posts was a real pain.

Hard to beat T-Net, I'm a member of several other prospecting and treasure hunting forums on the web but none even come close to this one for sure. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I stop posting. I wrote to a number of GPAA staff with my concerns of using your full name. With your name exposed and if you have claims anyone can find out where you live and possibly you can become a victim of theft. I have remove the site from my favs.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't logged in there in a while, I didn't even know they had changed the format. I stopped posting because it became too ridiculous. TPTB were banning long-time members for completely stupid reasons.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They recently gave PLP a $20,000.00 donation for their legal fund...You gotta give credit where deserved

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, along with many others, expressed the concern as well about using real names.
The forum shows real names, locations, etc of members.
Not a smart idea on a public forum dealing with GOLD and gold mining.
Not going to knock them as they do good and we advertise with them.
I even took it to the next level and exchanged emails about it and I know it was brought up in
their meetings. However, it was not changed.
Their issue was the constant negative posts and abuse from a couple of people only.
The real problem is that they do not elect MODERATORS to watch the forum.
A simple overlooked step that would have solved the problem.
Doc

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found the hardcore miners moved to the ICMJ Forum,check it out.
FYI - I went over to have a look at the ICMJ forum. Not very many posts there, I'm not impressed. TNet is the place to be from what I can find out there.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , Just like all of You's,

any hold outs are certainly Welcome to come over here :thumbsup:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My opion. The gpaa has been run as a business. And its the only thing they care about. This includes the outdoor channel. Nothing but reruns.They do nothing for me. If they both where gone no great loss.

Portadrillmini

May 8, 2013
Blairsville, Ga 30512
Detector(s) used
MineLab Eureka Gold - 15" RockCrusher- PORTADRILLMINI Gold Driller Auger sampler Unit -Gold Lab Clean Gold Concentrator-5" Dredge-Keen A52 Sluice- BlueBowl Cons clean-up - Microwave Gold Kiln
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
we all need to learn to play and behave together,... other wise you will be learning to behave and play with the communist china ,.. Just say no to China ,.. and quit buying China garbage that is proven to break ,.. you know this ,. come on America get your act together !!!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing I heard came out of the summit meeting is they are going to attempt to gain nonprofit status.

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed up with the new GPAA.. when I saw how they posted all your personal information I unsubscribed immediately..

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent them a letter about my personal concerns and they never responded.. they are oblivious when it comes to your privacy.. I noticed they even post their employees family pics.. I thought when they went to the new site it would only be accessible by members only.. too bad they didn't let someone like Keene (or whomever) take over the old site.. over the years we've come to know who's who, and their personalities.. kinda like breaking up a big family.. I never realized until now, how educational and entertaining it really was.. I sure hope all the old guys see fit to find their way over here.. I'm sure most of them won't tolerate what the new GPAA is doing, IMHO.. I'm glad I found the TN and I'm looking forward to being here awhile.. Thanks TN....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they force everyone to re-register at the new site? I tried to log in to make sure my personal info wasnt available to the world and it wouldn't let me log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread