May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where we are headed

Press releases
Welcome to California!! Come here on vacation, go home on probation!!

Those are the most depressing links I've ever seen!! Probably because there's so many. I especially liked the following two:
April 25, 2014 Sierra Nevada Frog and Toad Protected Under Endangered Species Act
April 25, 2014 Arizona Game and Fish Endorses Plan to Ramp Up Killing of Endangered Wolves

I had to do a 'double-take' at the subject matter. While we're saving a toad, let's kill off a wolf!! One for one would be a good ratio, don't you think?? Wait a minute, I have an idea; Let's close ALL of those expensive zoos and rebuild them to help propagate the poor yellow leg frog and the Yosemite toad. No public access, except for the "tree-huggers". (And make them live with their beloved frogs). (lol) Then, once a year, it would be mandatory that THEY trek into the mountains and distribute 10,000 frogs and toads. That should help the amphibians.

Sorry, I grew up with a deep respect for Nature, but I'm so sick of these "environmental activists" that never stop and think of future consequences of their efforts to help Mother Earth. Reminds me of the South East moritorium on the killing of alligators. It sounded like a worthwhile cause..............Until the population of the toothy reptiles increased so much that they were going up the drainage canals and snatching dogs and cats out of people's back-yards. Then there was another public outcry: "Get rid of these dangerous beasts"!!

I've often wondered what happened to the 'Golden Tree Frog" that use to inhabit 100s of thousands acres in South America. It seems that they disappeared almost overnight. But, they didn't try to blame "Global Warming" or gold dredging for the disappearance. Hmmmmmmm!!

Last edited:

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Received strong local support is not correct; the Sheriff there complained that it would become a corridor for illegals and drugs coming into the country because with the Wilderness designation, they will be unable to patrol the area in vehicles. Border Patrol will be unable to do their job because some idgit in DC has no clue, or sees it as a way to get more people into this country to vote for his cronies in the future.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, there is a lot more to take from every citizen. virtually unopposed in the land grab

Lets all just sign up with the gubermint so we can have access.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like "Kuger" used to say here, I'm all for joining a non-profit task force to re-introduce the Grizzly Bear, the symbol of the state, - good times !!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line-send your cash so we can trash your rights and make our wrongs against the american miners ...sic sic sic :skullflag::censored: 5 meetings in a 2 week period is INSANITY as 100s a hours of prep required and NO MINING :censored: John

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh my head, controled burns, thinning the forest and dredging lake combie, its o.k. if they do it ...be we must not!!! Hypocrisy reins..now, follow the money! Thank you for these links.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll bet these eco-people have never even considered that only mining has made their smart phone, treadmill and Prius possible.

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it cant be grown then it has to mined,,but lets do it where we dont have to see, hear, or bennifit from it. So short sighted!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is where we are headed

Press releases

Before I forget, THANK YOU Oakview2 for posting that link and bringing that to my attention. I had no idea what a big business and big agenda they have. OMG, no wonder we're losing. We are being attacked unmercifully from all sides on a daily and constant basis and they have virtually unlimited funds! Wow. What a wake up call.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The environmental people would really like to get rid of all of the humans so the little creatures could live without fear of being robbed of their habitat. Humans are the biggest threat to all the other creatures of this earth. I don't remember who it was, but someone actually said something about, if we could get rid of all the humans, then the earth would be such a better place.

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
2 1/2" keene highbanker/dredge combo
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If we could get rid of all the environuts, the world would be a much better place.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Insanity rules ! - don't bother reading all of the content - it will fry your brain. I'll sum it up: The Sierra Fund says "Mega-Fires baad", SEND MONEY. The
CBD says "Mega-fires good", SEND MONEY.

New Study: Investing in forests reduces megafires and saves millions | The Sierra Fund

Forest Service Proposes Massive Salvage Logging Project in Rim Fire Area

Calm down a few notches, brothers and sisters. The End Game for the eco freaks has already started and by their very own hands. There are still way too many people who remember that these very same groups are the ones who stopped logging because of "habitat destruction" and now they support it? Hey wait a minute, didn't we tell them logging reduces fire severity?

Too many people now understand that these people will change their position depending on which way the wind blows and who is offering the most money.

Hell's Bell's are tolling for them. They made a deal with the devil to get where they are and now the devil is calling his markers due. Soon enough these people will be nothing more than a sad footnote in history.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to god you are right, MM - I follow both orgs. and can see them gaining power week by week. Any time line for their demise ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions