Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: FOR EVERYONE, experienced and non-experienced, What do you know about gold?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    417 times
    Prospecting
    Gold is elusive. At least in the desert, gold knows no rules. Although most nuggets are found on bedrock, specimens could be anywhere. When I metal detect I start with the exposed bedrock. However as days go by and I spend more time in an area, I eventually scan everything including flow sand and embankments. I found a specimen recently 5 feet higher than the known high water mark from past floods in a wash that I have found no other indications of gold, fine or course, after multiple samplings by both metal detecting and cleaning crevices both in and out of the wash. Last year I found a specimen near the surface in loose fine powder flow sand high up on a bench. Right on the other side of the same creek I found 2 nuggets in some red hard pack and actually found a 3rd nugget in the same spot that somehow I missed the 1st time, with the same coil.

Moral of the story is you must be persistent and diligent in your search for the elusive yellow metal. Dennis
    DizzyDigger and gold tramp like this.

us
    Jul 2011
    169 times
    Gold is a mystery as to how, why, and where it ends up. Gold does not discriminate. It can be found in abundance, but ussually not. It is not easy to find and there are no gaurantees. Many have tried and given up, but those who are persistant will win out. It is total freedom to be out looking and enjoying the time hunting. It is also found in some of the most pristine areas to be in which makes OK when we get skunked. To sit around a camp fire with friends at the end of the day talking about where to look tomorrow.
    Hefty1 likes this.

us
    Herby D

May 2014
    So Cal via Tx
    Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
    65 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Save yourself a lot of frustration and hard work..Buy a set of good Gold maps.. you will seldom find it where it's never been found before...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"
    Old Alchemist.....

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4690 times
    Prospecting
    If you got newbies in your neighborhood take a panload of the tailings. They leave plenty......
    Portadrillmini likes this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    Gold Country - California
    -Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenmojo View Post
    If you got newbies in your neighborhood take a panload of the tailings. They leave plenty......
    Haha, Agree!
    goldenmojo likes this.
    :: 5th Gen Gold Miner ::
    :: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::

Here to listen much, ask questions and offer assistance

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I know there is still a LOT of gold left(in calif). I spent thousands of hours digging and dredging in a one mile stretch of river. Had maybe ten partners over ten years - we got 40-50 ozs. But only thoroughly excavated 1/10th of that one mile stretch.

us
    www.GoldDriller.Rocks

May 2013
    Blairsville, Ga 30512
    MineLab Eureka Gold - 15" RockCrusher- PORTADRILLMINI Gold Driller Auger sampler Unit -Gold Lab Clean Gold Concentrator-5" Dredge-Keen A52 Sluice- BlueBowl Cons clean-up - Microwave Gold Kiln
    33 times
    Prospecting
    Gold in nature is not always 100% pure. Is mostly not pretty and shiny . Is often alloyed with other impurities. And most all of you guys throw away more precious metals than what you think you do.. TRY using a microscope more often on your CONS and SEE what you are really THROWING AWAY...
    Jimmydolittle and gold tramp like this.
    www.GoldDriller.Rocks www.GoldDriller.Supplies
    Allan Geldean -President / Inventor of the PORTADRILLMINI Drill Unit
    A & D Drilling Supply Corporation / PORTADRILLMINI
    305-345-7068
    allan@portadrillmini.com
    “In some places, and in some cases , Water , … is more valuable than Fuel.”

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1301 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick4gold View Post
    I've learned that as random as a waterway seems there is actually method to the madness. Flat glass and steel/iron will usually form a straight line. Mark each piece and you will usually see your pay steaks or pretty close. I've learned gold will only be found if and when it wants to. Ive also learned that gold prospecting is the hardest work I've ever loved doing. I've learned that asking for advise and giving when possible is good for the soul. Mostly I've learned that I'll forever be a student of nature.
    Are you saying look for glass and steel in the waters you are prospecting?
    lastleg likes this.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10515 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckwalk View Post
    Are you saying look for glass and steel in the waters you are prospecting?
    yes, and lead and garnet...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links