BLM hearing coming up on the 29th

GoldenNerd

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A public workshop will be held Thursday, May 29, on two proposals to withdraw public lands along the Trinity Wild and Scenic River from availability for mining. The session will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Trinity Congregational Church Parish Hall, 735 Main St. in Weaverville.

The workshop will provide an opportunity for anyone interested to get information from the Bureau of Land Management and Shasta Trinity National Forest and to provide written comments on the proposal. The proposed withdrawal would affect 3,123 acres of BLM-administered lands and would prohibit mining for gold and other "hard rock" minerals such as platinum on lands in the wild and scenic river corridor.

The "Notice of Proposed Withdrawal and Opportunity for Public Meeting" is available for review at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-08-21/pdf/2013-20393.pdf.

The BLM is also processing an application to withdraw approximately 541 acres of National Forest System lands. The notice for this action is titled "Notice of Application for Withdrawal and Opportunity for Public Meeting" and is available for review at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-08-21/pdf/2013-20392.pdf.

Comments should be sent by email to [email protected] or mailed to Bureau of Land Management, 355 Hemsted Drive, Redding, CA 96002, attention Charlie Wright."

Workshop Set for Proposed Mineral Withdrawal along Wild and Scenic Trinity River (5-14-2014)

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the heads up, GN - It sounds like the same announcement that was posted in the "when does it stop" thread a few notches down, but thanks
anyway.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
We have already made up our mind to close it, now that is settled, we'll have a public hearing to make it look good. Just like the Frog and Toad fiasco, over 40000 individual letters, and they shut down 2,000,000 acres

OP
OP
G

GoldenNerd

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that Fullpan; I didn't notice that you'd already linked it in the other thread.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak - how about the miner's do the tossing of shoes thing ? That would relieve the frustration - and get some press.

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Witdtaw subject to valid existing rights" ? The pdf was dated nov. 2013?,,,the link at the bottom of golden nerds top post does not work,,i am going to call them tommrow. Im not a lawyer but will be reading the 2 pdf's with blacks law dictionary..will send a comment

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am to the point I would rather start tossing bureaucrats, than shoes.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To keep my mineral rights I must hire a Certified Minerals examiner and have a prudent man certification performed WITHOUT A DREDGE AS BANNED. Costs are $10-$20 k for a hardrock examination and nothing guaranteed. They FORGOT to even notify me to place a comment in prior to this scam of a meeting as deal was done last august and rights gone since them as they pontificate what the Hoopa tribe has mandated. That the last remaining 11 claims on 168 miles of river be gone. The trinity river restoration has been 100% condemned by the government as a total failur but as usual the :censored: miners must go so millions of salmon can be gill netted and the remaining few slaughtered by a zillion fishermen. My EIR statement to CDFG has their records within as millions made is ok to kill but my salmonless claims must go to appease the HOOPA-F'M' all-John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Forest Service scam and Susan Erwin is the Trinity River Mineral Withdrawal Project Leader-BLM has their own ALSO scam going on. So many scams howz a po'miner to keep all the lies straight???John:dontknow:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read and understand the following. Know it and use it. 99% of the time the Gov fails to meet the letter of the law. The BLM counts on people ACCEPTING what they do without question! Designating per the "Wild and Scenic Rivers Act" is not all that easy to do. Hold the BLM to the law. Not their interpretation of the law. Challenge ALL their criteria. Nothing less!

Look at it this way....the "greenies" use the letter of the law all the time to defeat any BLM or USFS action they don't like. And 99% of the time the BLM and USFS lose in the 9th Circuit Court. That is a FACT you can count on.

16 U.S. Code Chapter 28 - WILD AND SCENIC RIVERS | LII / Legal Information Institute

Bejay

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the NEPA regs the FS/BLM have developed a new scam to steal mineral rights. As long as what they take under 5,000 acres at a time there is NO congressional notification required. The lands are thusly SEGREGATED for 2 full years whilst they ANALYIZE and then steal your right TEMPORARILY for 20 years. No pans, ,detecting or mining of any kind. No claims staking on the trinity and tribs either. But you get to keep your claim in name only-pay the ungodly fees to them and the county,pay your taxes like a good little boy and watch as over 2,000,000 fishermen kill off over 100,000,000 salmon/steelhead with their permits from CFW(info on their website) and YOU can't do nuttn' as you will hurt the fish spawning areas with a LOUSY PAN MAN-:skullflag::BangHead: :dontknow::censored: F'M'-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions