American River Middle Fork - Louisiana Bar

go4thegold

Greenie
May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Would you guys recommend being down that far South of the American River? Louisiana Bar.

Went there this past weekend and did some sample pans at the end of an island and some inside bends and behind a huge boulder that had really nice gravels in it.
Found a couple colors and sluiced it a couple buckets. Panned my cons at home with a safety pan just in case because I'm paranoid.

Didn't find anything promising besides 3 more tiny flakes and those 2 flakes in the sample pan which surprised me. :icon_scratch:

Would you guys be going up further north in general because I know, gold can be found anywhere. :icon_thumleft:
by the way, homemade drop box worked like a charm.

Nonetheless, I was happy that my box was able to capture super fine gold. Was still a win for me :)
Big thanks to Goodguy for his plans and everyone else that has posts on the gold drop trap box.

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did really well down below no hands. Personally I would go to the little bar straight ahead of the gates of hell just below Lousiana. We used to jump in at Lousiana and then dive to the bottom and ride through the gates next to the bottom flying through them with the current. It's fast & takes serious cajones but it is the ride of your life at the bottom of the river°°°

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread