A waste

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beggin your pardon and with all due respect oakview as your helpful, courteous and passionate but what does this have anything to do with gold prospecting?
I agree that the government and California in particular is rediculous and their behavior is disgusting but It seems we may need a " rant and raves " section.

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Sick4gold.......I dont know about out where you come from, but we use alot of water to recover our gold here....let it go!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan_Pic0009.jpg Scan_Pic0010.jpg Scan_Pic0022.jpg bs - 4.jpg

Feel better now ? Now go back to sleep while small-scale mining and working class people fade to black.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Fullpan, never get tired of your great pics, especially the baseball sized cobble, you need to post some more of those on the facebook page.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Inflexabal laws administered by idealoically driven officials have taken this wastage of water to ridiculous extreams and it crys out for fundamental reform" Mcclintoc, i found it an interesting read which speaks to the genral putting fish befor people problem we have in this country at the moment. Unless everyone of us that wants to protect our rights from enviromental extreamists joins together and acts we are in trouble. ( knowing who is on your side and how to act to effectivly make a differance is helpful-why i love this site). How long will it be befor you cant sluice, pan, matel detect because it might, could, may, be harmful to something..like the idaho sherif said " how do you fill a bucket? One drop at a time " but,, it is more fun to look at pics of gold........

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew I would take some heat but I also felt it needed said.
I do not need to ignore you Oakview as your intelligent and it is important for me to pay attention to the antics of the governing bodies as California is not the only state with crazy small scale mining regulations.
I was just stating that this particular thread had nothing to do with gold mining/prospecting/sluicing/dredging and more about a ludacris act by your local government.
Sorry if I have offended anyone but the fact remains.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are going to use the ESA to bludgeon the common man in his everyday life, then we miners as provided for in the California Constituion as primary beneficial users of the waterways don't have a chance. If you cannot see the direct correlation to this, then get used to dry washing. My offer stands, hit the ignore buttton

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about what is posted in a gold prospecting forum.
Its only fair to give you the same invitation to the " ignore" button as your the only one getting upset.
I still value your input and read most of your posts, this one just rubbed me the wrong way as I still feel its purpose is just to complain about Californias crazy eco ******ism.
I want to make it clear that it is important for me and others to stay up to date on what happens in your state as history usually repeats itself. Its important to have a voice but im just asking that the voice be relevant and pointed in the right direction.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about what is posted in a gold prospecting forum.
Its only fair to give you the same invitation to the " ignore" button as your the only one getting upset.
I still value your input and read most of your posts, this one just rubbed me the wrong way as I still feel its purpose is just to complain about Californias crazy eco ******ism.
I want to make it clear that it is important for me and others to stay up to date on what happens in your state as history usually repeats itself. Its important to have a voice but im just asking that the voice be relevant and pointed in the right direction.

It is DIRECTLY relevant because the government is using the argument that dredging hurts fish, even when all the facts prove otherwise. They then turn around and take actions that directly cause harm to people in the name of those fish. So, if they are will to let farmers have no crops and cities to go on severe rationing because they used all the water for a fish, it shows length of the battle we have ahead. And yes, you should be aware of this because it will come to your area if left unchallenged and unchanged in komifornia.

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that bothers me, is the fact that we had lotsa water in our reservoirs last spring to summer. Then the powers that be pulled the plug and sent our water south for big bucks in their pockets. Now they're screaming save the fish! Propaganda and lies! We should enact laws so when these people make stupid decisions that screw half the state, they get dismissed. If i were to make a decision at work that screws half my customers, I would loose my job and be out looking for work with having learned a serious lesson. Not only that, it would set an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Long before retiring from the National Weather Service, I came up with a design and proposal for a Flood and Drought Mitigation System. This system would not only supply much needed water to areas stricken with drought, it would also help mitigate flooding of some areas...especially downstream areas during heavy and very heavy rain/flood events and provide water storage Nationwide for times and areas in need. Since I was too late to get this proposal ready while President George W. Bush was in Office and Obama then took Office, I have held this proposal back because I will not allow President Obama and the Democrats to get credit for my' idea if they decided to build it. Some of you may say shame on me for not releasing my' idea/proposal to the current Administration but it is a strict principles thing to me and I stand on my' principles! Besides, there are other means to mitigate the drought situation besides killing off crops, livestock and the grass in folk's yards, literally dehydrating the population and creating an environment where folks are seriously talking Anarchy. However, they would rather spend the funds elsewhere and not where it is needed and it seems that they want folks to attempt Anachy, so that they have a reason to institute Martial Law or other total Government control.

Frank

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is DIRECTLY relevant because the government is using the argument that dredging hurts fish, even when all the facts prove otherwise. They then turn around and take actions that directly cause harm to people in the name of those fish. So, if they are will to let farmers have no crops and cities to go on severe rationing because they used all the water for a fish, it shows length of the battle we have ahead. And yes, you should be aware of this because it will come to your area if left unchallenged and unchanged in komifornia.

Beat me to it Jason ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It DOES NOT have to have anything to do with gold as it will be used against us eventually and it's IMPORTANT to see it coming. I can see it now. "What? California miners use water??? Restrict them to 1 gallon per week! Let's just use the ol' emergency order so's we don't have to listen to any of "those" cry babies. Besides, it IS an emergency, since there is a drought, right? Quick, find me someone to support this right away."

Last edited:

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is sad that we cant have a respectful, intelligent conversation without someone getting huffy puffy and blocking each other.
This is a forum and like it or not not everyone shares each others opinions. I totally understand the passion and support here as I would be sorely mad as well if/when my state decides to enact ludacris acts such as California.
The arguement is not about whether I agree of not but instead what is relevant on a gold prospecting forum. I did not know this would turn into such a big deal but I refuse to change my views for a few " likes".
I was simply stating to make sure to take the fight to where it is needed instead of sitting in from of Tnet all day cause I dont believe that will get the job done.
Lastly I apologise again if I have offended anyone which was not my intention. I will comment no more on the subject as it seems to be just pissing people off. I hope we can continue our struggles and sucesses together as adults.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I also posted this in general discussion but it really fits with this line of comments. Why in the world don't the states that boarder the oceans/seas build salinenization plants to process salt water into water for domestic use. if the drought is that bad, this would be money in the bank! If you build it, they will come!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also posted this in general discussion but it really fits with this line of comments. Why in the world don't the states that boarder the oceans/seas build salinenization plants to process salt water into water for domestic use. if the drought is that bad, this would be money in the bank! If you build it, they will come!
Basically because it takes sooo much energy to run commercial scale desal. Just not worth it unless you have lots of fuel and no water (eg United Arab Emirates).

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sacramento river at flood stage all weekend as they blow the water out so they can cry shortage and build the dam higher. PORK anyone as dam will not stand the 4X stress as on active faults--yaaaa-build massive tunnels and drain the wetlands so saltwater can migrate in and kill the whole delta---50 trillion rail from slum to slum yaaaa-hundreds of trillions in graft and we can't even suck a little gravel for gods sake...sic sic sic-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread