Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: HOW COME I NEVER SEE THESE ?....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1871 times
    Since your showing teckniques FP, heres some desert bouldering, we use stack rocks jacks n timbers, n leverage all hand work no power tools if you want it moved bad enough it gets done! i think the rock is still siting in the wash just as we left it sittin atop another. i will put the pics of this project on my site for next week.
    GT..................

Attachment 1002279Attachment 1002282Attachment 1002277Attachment 1002281Attachment 1002280

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    very cool, GT - if you want it bad enough, you can find a way.
    gold tramp likes this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullpan View Post
    very cool, GT - if you want it bad enough, you can find a way.
    Going to zipp out to this spot, see if the rock is still there and chk the status of the area if its still open we may be looking for a partner try to dig that channel again, i found a Fair bit of gold in that wash years back when i was chasin placer.

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    Here's another tool I never hear about - yes, its pricey but, as the salesmen say "you can pay for it in one weekend if you get lucky" lol. It seems with lower
    water levels this year, one could access the gut of most rivers with this or another brand.

HydroAir: Keene Engineering Online

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3740 times
    I used to have a griphoist but my little Lewis chainsaw winch was a lot easier so I sold it. Now I have hydraulics and the old Stapp winch in this video is long gone. Personally I still prefer a 300ft cable, some snatch blocks and making a pulling trail for my 4wd because it's the fastest and easiest way to move boulders. Then when you couple the speed of a truck with the speed of our speed pulling nets that we designed, you drop the net, it falls over the rock, yell pull and away it goes. You can pull a boulder totally out of the way every 3 minutes. And that's 3 minutes from the time of grabbing the net from the boulder you just moved and then walking it back up to the next one and dropping it over that next boulder you have to pull. So when we go out into the bush we take a gas operated winch when there is no other access. A good wheelbarrow will move all of the winching equipment at once.
    Here's a playlist link, the first movie is how to run your winch and the second is how to make the "Morrison Speed Sling" that we always use. We make a few for each year when we are really moving a lot of boulders.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...E2DB686826634B
    gold tramp and Oakview2 like this.

Nov 2013
    Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a Number 2 Shovel baby!
    1254 times
    Snatch Block! Bahahah <3

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    I have one of these kits made by Dayton of which is a 10 ton press. The circled item is great for seams in rock that you want to open. With the other attachments you can move boulders out of the way. Also have a winch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Press.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	1002733
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Nov 2013
    San Jose, California
    96 times
    Prospecting
    Found this catalog that looked like it had some pretty handy stuff
    http://www.trailservices.com/PDF/2011_catalog.pdf

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    That is a serious miner's "Xmas catalogue". I remember scanning that or similar catalogue years ago for weeks finding stuff on my wish list. The fact they
    are selling to non-profit and gov't agencies to build hiking trails using my tax dollars, doesn't matter in this case - they've got GREAT GOODIES

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting

Name:	Cable System.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	1003014
    Last edited by AzViper; May 31, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Fullpan likes this.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1871 times
    Got those placer pics up on my site see bush trips.
    GT.................

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3740 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AzViper View Post

Name:	Cable System.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	1003014
    I've done that on FS land with this dredge

Name:	P5300017.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	850.3 KB 
ID:	1004308

We high-lined it back onto the trailer from the river. Had to raise it 35feet or so into the air to get it back up and bring it over.

us

Sep 2012
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    I've done that on FS land with this dredge

Name:	P5300017.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	850.3 KB 
ID:	1004308

We high-lined it back onto the trailer from the river. Had to raise it 35feet or so into the air to get it back up and bring it over.
    Reed I am sure you have. Seen the video of you all winching the 3 wheel cart to the river. I was just poking fun at FS expense. Yet FS would somehow find away to ticket me with my luck of late.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links