HOW COME I NEVER SEE THESE ?....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: HOW COME I NEVER SEE THESE ?....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

HOW COME I NEVER SEE THESE ?....

Winches, Etc.: Keene Engineering Online

I've been active here for over two years and not once have I seen pics of boulder moving equipment such as this. This was
    considered standard minimum in my prospecting days. Can anyone enlighten me ?

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullpan View Post
    Winches, Etc.: Keene Engineering Online

I've been active here for over two years and not once have I seen pics of boulder moving equipment such as this. This was
    considered standard minimum in my prospecting days. Can anyone enlighten me ?
    Correction - 63bkpkr showed some pics, and Reed's utube vids, had some. Other than that ?...

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10292 times
    Prospecting
    That's old technology Fullpan. Much more effective for boulder work is the Griphoist.

Less effort, less wire and more pulling capacity. Much less wear on cable. No limit on length. Works underwater as well as above. You will never go back to an old style winch.

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    Any pics of Griphoist in action out there ?

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10292 times
    Prospecting
    The unlimited length of the wire rope makes it possible to apply force from far away. Something hand winches could never do alone.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4470 times
    Excellent!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10292 times
    Prospecting
    Yeah it's fun watching other people fly boulders.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    LOL... All this talk of wenches and flying boulders has got me thinking I'm back at a Ren-Faire!!!! Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I've always liked the Calvary motto when it come to such things... There is NO problem that the proper application of high explosives will not solve......

Really though that is a cool system Clay.....
    Herby D and Geochemdog like this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6155 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    duplicate post. STUPID COMPUTERS!!!!
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

us
    Apr 2013
    Helena, Montana
    Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
    143 times
    Metal Detecting and Prospecting
    Anyone check the price on those griphoists? I can't find one on their website anywhere. I'd never heard of them either. Thanks for the links.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6090 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunkaha View Post
    Anyone check the price on those griphoists? I can't find one on their website anywhere. I'd never heard of them either. Thanks for the links.
    Rigging Products, Inc. Sales Online: 18.K Griphoist-Tirfor
    Herby D likes this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Jun 2012
    Caldwell, Idaho
    410 times
    Prospecting
    Old school is the best school!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dynamite_Brown.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	1002143

Actually when the time comes for me to move big boulders I plan on floating them via air bags if the water is deep enough. Otherwise I'll use a chain come along. They are much easier then a standard come along and easier to boot.

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1303 times
    Prospecting
    Down here in GA you can just buy black powder. we used to make our own dynamite when i was a kid with my dad. HE used to make it for coal mining in KY when HE was a kid. If you are interested PM me or hit me up on Skype at duckwalk88. I would post but i dont wan the crazys to find out how and blame it on me.....
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

stefen
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenIrishman View Post
    duplicate post. STUPID COMPUTERS!!!!
    No, just Bad fingers...

May 2012
    nevada
    1526 times
    Here's one of Reed's vids from 2006 - Although he has fun when he's dredging, there's NO WAY this is "recreational mining". I love how he moved the boulders
    using the snatch and "peel out" method, with a chunk of mesh fencing and his suburban.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links