I got quoted in defense of dredging in a hit piece from a Colorado online paper

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you are impotent.:occasion14:
They can use anything against you and will. The neo enviromentals will start attacking anything to make it seem wrong.

Good work. And at least it sounds like they got the right words. Usually they will make up what you said or take it out of context.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Impotent, means a legend in my own mind:laughing7: They didn't use the whole quote, and he grabbed it off of Crazy Bob Ferris's website. I was shocked to see plastered on facebook. Desperate times.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Omnipotent all power. Omniscient all knowing. Impotent can't get it up lol. Nice piece of writing!

Last edited:

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And this is what we are up aginst. Another feel good go green "reporter" marching to the envirodrumbeat. I thought reporters were suppoused to do reasearch?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The author is an elitist fly fisherman, and like all the other
elitists out there they feel it is there RIGHT and OBLIGATION
to take away the freedom and rights of others when the
freedom and rights of others might impact their perfect,
elitist world.

elitistssuck.jpg~original

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can someone follow the posted link at the top of the page and see if my comments are showing up (parker rowe). I can see them but im not sure others (bob ferris) can. Also when i click "continue reading " nothing happens so i cant see the whole post...trying to keep up with technology is tough! thanks, parker

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"so it makes them look like the public, and not miners".....I guess we are not the public anymore.

What a load of crap. "ripping out hundreds of square meters of stream bed."

:BangHead:

what's harder on the fish than catching, killing, and eating them??

Last edited:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone follow the posted link at the top of the page and see if my comments are showing up (parker rowe). I can see them but im not sure others (bob ferris) can. Also when i click "continue reading " nothing happens so i cant see the whole post...trying to keep up with technology is tough! thanks, parker
When I go into the "paper's" artical, the whole artical is 'grayed out'. In other words, nothing to read. But, I'm not a member (and never will be) of facebook. So, that might have something to do with it.

When I clicked on 'read comments', my machine locked up, and the only way I could get out of the site was to reboot. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Pity, I haven't even read the artical, or what you posted, but I felt the urge to reply also. (lol)

Last edited:

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is all thats there and im not going into fb
Suction dredging for gold is basically a recreational activity. Required equipment: gasoline-powered dredge, sluice box, wetsuit and scuba gear. With a 4-inch-diameter hose you vacuum up what’s on the bottom of rivers — stuff like gravel, woody debris, plants, mussels, snails, insect larvae, crayfish, frogs, salamanders, fish eggs, fish fry and, occasionally, gold....
GL & HH

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is all thats there and im not going into fb
Suction dredging for gold is basically a recreational activity. Required equipment: gasoline-powered dredge, sluice box, wetsuit and scuba gear. With a 4-inch-diameter hose you vacuum up what’s on the bottom of rivers — stuff like gravel, woody debris, plants, mussels, snails, insect larvae, crayfish, frogs, salamanders, fish eggs, fish fry and, occasionally, gold....
GL & HH
WOW!! I guess the dude would really freak out if someone told him that there were also some 6" and 8" dredges out there also. I won't mention a couple of larger ones I've seen.

Yeah, I saw that part, but not the 'artical'. And, it wouldn't allow me to read the comments section. No problem, I have no desire to enter the institute and listen to the patients rant and rave!! (Especially Napoleon.) (lol)

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Bob Ferris is spewing his ignorance on that article. Had to ask where are the findings or studies on the effects of 5 years of the ban. He called it destructive, so I asked him to show me the permanent signs of the destruction of a 4,5,6 or 8" dredge. I can walk a river and show him the destruction of a fisherman. Eagle, as you scroll down the article asks a couple questions to answer before you can read the rest.

Last edited:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob Ferris is spewing his ignorance on that article. Had to ask where are the findings or studies on the effects of 5 years of the ban. He called it destructive, so I asked him to show me the permanent signs of the destruction of a 4,5,6 or 8" dredge. I can walk a river and show him the destruction of a fisherman. Eagle, as you scroll down the article asks a couple questions to answer before you can read the rest.
Thank you my Friend!! Normally I don't answer anything in sites of that nature. Mainly due to the fact that at the very least, you're inviting a "flood" of >SPAM<. But, in this case, I followed your explanation, then read the artical. Very little true substance to it.

There is a homily that applies here; "Never argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience".

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We take the lead sinkers out, he keeps putting 'em back in...
How is he keeping the environment cleaner than us?

We don't kill fish.
He kills every fish he can get. (and dreams of killing many many more)
Mr. Fishkiller is a hypocrite

He also doesnt know **** about what a hobby is and what it isnt.
Did Fishing put Colorado on the map? NOPE. It was GOLD. (and silver lol)

He is the same type of person who doesnt want a pan to touch a creek, but would gladly reform the rivers and streams to the liking of man, what was once a bubbling brook in the city is now a slow moving mosquito infested poop slick water bike path trail. (yay!)

I'm sick of people trying to take over my life and tell me what I do and do not have the freedom to do.
This is still America people. Live free or die.

Here is mr hypocrite zooming down every river there ever was in a gas powered boat, killing god knows how many fish.
27birds-articleLarge.jpg

Here's a cropped pic he probably uses with all his greenie bunz buddies:
ASSHOLE.jpeg

Also after a little rage research, it turns out he wants to kill cats with tylenol. What a piece of work this idtiot is.
http://www.eswr.com/2013/03/audubon-writer-ted-williams-suspended-for-column-on-feral-cats/

Last edited:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We take the lead sinkers out, he keeps putting 'em back in...
How is he keeping the environment cleaner than us?

We don't kill fish.
He kills every fish he can get. (and dreams of killing many many more)
Mr. Fishkiller is a hypocrite

He also doesnt know **** about what a hobby is and what it isnt.
Did Fishing put Colorado on the map? NOPE. It was GOLD. (and silver lol)

He is the same type of person who doesnt want a pan to touch a creek, but would gladly reform the rivers and streams to the liking of man, what was once a bubbling brook in the city is now a slow moving mosquito infested poop slick water bike path trail. (yay!)

I'm sick of people trying to take over my life and tell me what I do and do not have the freedom to do.
This is still America people. Live free or die.

Here is mr hypocrite zooming down every river there ever was in a gas powered boat, killing god knows how many fish.
Here's a cropped pic he probably uses with all his greenie bunz buddies:
Well, after all, he IS a legend 'in his own mind'. (lol)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your effort, TJ - unless you are a graduate of Spin Academy or Green University, you'll be frustrated. The facts mean nothing to these guys - they will convince you the Sun is cold and night is day. That's how they make their living.

Alumni | SPIN Academy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread