Klamathh river prospectingg

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We just got back from prospecting on the Klamath river below happy camp ca. The river was running high and dirty, visibility about 6 inches. We parked the rv at a gravel area at the savage rapids. Cracked some rock, dug gravel aT lots of places only finding very small gold and one small flake. Stayed there for 2 days. I think most of the Klamath gold was being found by the dredgers. Won't need to go there again !

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up on the Klamath area there's lots of gold there. been down there 3 times this year and did very well diggin and vacin!!

OP
OP
infotraker

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The guys that were there for the summer were finding a lot of small gold breaking rock and vacuming. I was hoping to get in the waterto snipe but to much water and no visibility.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the water quality control board and the EPA has tested many times a year and that is the filthiest river in all of kalif. Starts in the largest bird estuary in the west and compounded by 10s a 1,000s septic tanks in homes,camps,towns all along it's coarse. Filth hits bedrock and into the river it goes. A good wash and alcohol needed at days end or you can get the ol'klamath crud. I don't swim in a toilet and them massive block long massive foam islands do NOT bode well-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread