Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By goldenmojo
  • 1 Post By Hoser John
  • 2 Post By infotraker
  • 1 Post By mxer47
  • 1 Post By TheGoldProspector
  • 1 Post By goldenmojo

Thread: MotherLode Area

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2012
    Southern Cali
    Prospecting

MotherLode Area

Hi All, Trying to plan a little trip to the Motherlode/ Nor Cal area somewhat as a fun Educational trip for the kids but would not mind finding a good spot to sluice in the river. I am searching on the Net' but just wondering if anyone has a special place with nice camping close by. Thanks for any Tips!

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4690 times
    Prospecting
    Welcome to Camp Lotus! A couple of miles away from where the gold rush started and Marshall Park. Lots of history and scenery. Gold in the South, Middle and North Fork American nearby. Also Bear River and Yuba River.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6646 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just start at Mariposa and travel north on the miners Hi Way 49 and 1,000s a places to see and do from there on through sacramento and north. John
    ALewis likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Ca
    Whites mxt
    270 times
    Prospecting
    Mineral bar campground on the n. Fork American river would be good. Sluicing up river at pennyweight bar.
    H&F909ORO and ALewis like this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    Gold Country - California
    -Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by infotraker View Post
    Mineral bar campground on the n. Fork American river would be good. Sluicing up river at pennyweight bar.
    Here.here
    :: 5th Gen Gold Miner ::
    :: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::

Here to listen much, ask questions and offer assistance

Jul 2013
    300 times
    My wife and I took a tour of gold bug mine in Placerville. It was inexpensive and educational. No sluicing but they have panning troughs for 2$ per hour. Idk if it is worth it. I would have done it if I had the kids.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    -Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer47 View Post
    My wife and I took a tour of gold bug mine in Placerville. It was inexpensive and educational. No sluicing but they have panning troughs for 2$ per hour. Idk if it is worth it. I would have done it if I had the kids.
    Growing up, in school we took many field trips to the motherload, and often they allowed us to "pan". However, they preloaded it with a Lot of pyrite...every time... Decades ago, but just something to keep in mind
    ALewis likes this.
    :: You will never come to realize that you were 2" from the best find, you never found ::

us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4690 times
    Prospecting
    ALewis likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6646 times
    Fantastic State museum in Mariposa--great gold display in Placerville at the B of A. Auburn courthouse has a decent little museum with a gold display that'll knock your eyes out. 16-1 has a good tour in Grass Valley along with another museum-hahaha senior moment--Briceburg rec area outta Mariposa--Bagby rec area--Auburn Rec area-Purdone and Edwards crossing BLM rec area-and on and on and on-BUT heats here for the summer now so expect 100+ daily-John

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11703 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    No more gold nuggets at the Pville B of A... Don't forget Marshall Discovery site in Coloma.

us
    **5th Gen

Apr 2014
    732 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser John View Post
    Fantastic State museum in Mariposa--great gold display in Placerville at the B of A. Auburn courthouse has a decent little museum with a gold display that'll knock your eyes out. 16-1 has a good tour in Grass Valley along with another museum-hahaha senior moment--Briceburg rec area outta Mariposa--Bagby rec area--Auburn Rec area-Purdone and Edwards crossing BLM rec area-and on and on and on-BUT heats here for the summer now so expect 100+ daily-John
    102 on Sunday

us
    Aug 2012
    Motherload
    258 times
    Gold Bug park used to have gold panning for real gold now is for colored fake gems sorta an anti bonner.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links