MotherLode Area

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to Camp Lotus! A couple of miles away from where the gold rush started and Marshall Park. Lots of history and scenery. Gold in the South, Middle and North Fork American nearby. Also Bear River and Yuba River.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just start at Mariposa and travel north on the miners Hi Way 49 and 1,000s a places to see and do from there on through sacramento and north. John

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mineral bar campground on the n. Fork American river would be good. Sluicing up river at pennyweight bar.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
My wife and I took a tour of gold bug mine in Placerville. It was inexpensive and educational. No sluicing but they have panning troughs for 2$ per hour. Idk if it is worth it. I would have done it if I had the kids.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I took a tour of gold bug mine in Placerville. It was inexpensive and educational. No sluicing but they have panning troughs for 2$ per hour. Idk if it is worth it. I would have done it if I had the kids.

Growing up, in school we took many field trips to the motherload, and often they allowed us to "pan". However, they preloaded it with a Lot of pyrite...every time... Decades ago, but just something to keep in mind

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic State museum in Mariposa--great gold display in Placerville at the B of A. Auburn courthouse has a decent little museum with a gold display that'll knock your eyes out. 16-1 has a good tour in Grass Valley along with another museum-hahaha senior moment--Briceburg rec area outta Mariposa--Bagby rec area--Auburn Rec area-Purdone and Edwards crossing BLM rec area-and on and on and on-BUT heats here for the summer now so expect 100+ daily-John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more gold nuggets at the Pville B of A... Don't forget Marshall Discovery site in Coloma.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic State museum in Mariposa--great gold display in Placerville at the B of A. Auburn courthouse has a decent little museum with a gold display that'll knock your eyes out. 16-1 has a good tour in Grass Valley along with another museum-hahaha senior moment--Briceburg rec area outta Mariposa--Bagby rec area--Auburn Rec area-Purdone and Edwards crossing BLM rec area-and on and on and on-BUT heats here for the summer now so expect 100+ daily-John
102 on Sunday

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Bug park used to have gold panning for real gold now is for colored fake gems sorta an anti bonner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread