A one pan sample

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well folks, I got permision from the owner of a site that used be literally be a gold mine. He told me I can pan the streams anytime I want. 88acers in all! This is the one test pan I did before I got home from work. Had to make it quick so I could get dinner to the kids! It's tiny, it's one spec, but damn if it ain't gold!

Edit: just realized how terrible that picture is. Look right in the center top of the pan.

Attachments

• image-3112334608.jpg
    image-3112334608.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you leave? You should call in sick tomorrow! Gold fever, it's going around.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey thanks dizzy! Still working on the punch plate for you.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Ducky. That one chunk is beautiful. Your gonna need to move up to a bigger vial.......

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice chunker buddy!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice gold Ducky. That one chunk is beautiful. Your gonna need to move up to a bigger vial.......

Yeah...pint jars, then quart jars, then half gallon jars, then gallon jars. After that, it is non see-thru 5 gallon buckets but hey, if you are filling them with Gold, then all is good!:icon_biggrin:

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Ducky,

If you don't have the equipment yet, it might be time to invest in a highbanker/dredge setup. If you get the equipment, just make sure that the property owner is okay with you using them on the claim. Some folks are okay with panning or using a sluice on their' property because as they see it, what's the harm in them. However, when you bring in the bigger guns (equipment), all bets are off as they know that some folks with these, can do some serious damage to the creeks and streams and appearance of the property.

Frank

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the replies. Honestly, I'm not really looking to get that heavy into the equipment. This is just something my daughter and I do for fun. It's not just about the money for me. It's about spending daddy daughter time in the woods and enjoying life.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the replies. Honestly, I'm not really looking to get that heavy into the equipment. This is just something my daughter and I do for fun. It's not just about the money for me. It's about spending daddy daughter time in the woods and enjoying life.
my admiration for you continues to grow Ducky. Very cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread