Help me feed my gold cube

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely love my gold cube but wish I could feed it faster. I have been considering the gold banker attachment but after watching all the videos on it I could find and also contacting mike with a few question that their website does not explain, I am still on the fence.
Although a clever design the banker seems to have a few flaws.
It doesn't wash rocks well and they like to slide down the punch plate. You have to manually scrub each shovel full and then scrape the pile down when finished.
The banker seems great for 2 people but a single person feeding it is not really ideal.

So I have decided to see what I could do about it by myself. While I am very competent with building thing and working with my hands I'm not very creative.
I have seen the gold cube trommel and it looks great but expensive as heck to build.

I am looking for ideas and I will build the best idea whether it's mine or someone else's.
Criteria:
Must classify to 3/16 or preferably 1/8.
Needs to be under 500 bucks.
Something that can classify many buckets an hour and can be run by 1 person.

Waiting to see what you creative and brilliant
People come up with and thanks!

Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I absolutely love my gold cube but wish I could feed it faster. I have been considering the gold banker attachment but after watching all the videos on it I could find and also contacting mike with a few question that their website does not explain, I am still on the fence.
Although a clever design the banker seems to have a few flaws.
It doesn't wash rocks well and they like to slide down the punch plate. You have to manually scrub each shovel full and then scrape the pile down when finished.
The banker seems great for 2 people but a single person feeding it is not really ideal.

So I have decided to see what I could do about it by myself. While I am very competent with building thing and working with my hands I'm not very creative.
I have seen the gold cube trommel and it looks great but expensive as heck to build.

I am looking for ideas and I will build the best idea whether it's mine or someone else's.
Criteria:
Must classify to 3/16 or preferably 1/8.
Needs to be under 500 bucks.
Something that can classify many buckets an hour and can be run by 1 person.

Waiting to see what you creative and brilliant
People come up with and thanks!

How about a submerged oscillating screen. Screen 1/8" mounted on linear bearing and