Any NorCal prospectors up for a day on the river tomorrow?

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am located in Grass Valley and tend to stick to the South Yuba due to it's proximity. I've also been to the NF of the American and Yankee Jim's. My current sluicing buddy is deploying to Afghanistan so I'm looking for someone to hit up the river with. I have a mini Bazooka Gold Trap, 10" x 36" sluice, and a White's GMT (although I haven't really been able to use it since buying it). If anyone is interested, feel free to reply.

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great - wish I could still make it out there. Where do you usually go ? My favorite area was between Edwards crossing and Relief Hill. Welcome to
the forum, ..:headbang:

OP
OP
D

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome! I usually just hit up Bridgeport, about a mile upstream from the main park. Usually because it's so close to where I live. I'm still not too familar with other areas yet. So i'm also up to suggestions on locations.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good area too - its downhill of the French Corral digging's - ever see any mercury in your clean-ups ? I heard they almost have enough money now
to restore the bridge there, - true ?

OP
OP
D

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only mercury I've found was over at Yankee Jim's. It was a decent amount, too. Supposedly the Gov's proposed budget for 2015 included $1.2 million for resoration of the bridge. It'd be nice to finally see it open again.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am located in Grass Valley and tend to stick to the South Yuba due to it's proximity. I've also been to the NF of the American and Yankee Jim's. My current sluicing buddy is deploying to Afghanistan so I'm looking for someone to hit up the river with. I have a mini Bazooka Gold Trap, 10" x 36" sluice, and a White's GMT (although I haven't really been able to use it since buying it). If anyone is interested, feel free to reply.
I travel to the NF or MF of the AR weekly. :). May your pans be heavy

OP
OP
D

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10300503_551066358337395_5019375860113814049_n.jpg

OP
OP
D

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10390121_551066405004057_4921014922651379502_n.jpg

after picking out some of the bigger guys.. don't have a pic of the final cleanup though. :(

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only mercury I've found was over at Yankee Jim's. It was a decent amount, too. Supposedly the Gov's proposed budget for 2015 included $1.2 million for resoration of the bridge. It'd be nice to finally see it open again.

Here's a pic (at the top) of Bridgeport historic walking bridge. Its one of very few things I would like the taxpayers to provide money for in Calif.!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a cool piece of history. I would rather they spend my tax money on something like this instead of a thousand other BS things they spend it on now. Thanks for posting this Fullpan.

OP
OP
D

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I was wondering what was so good about the spot, and then I looked up hill and noticed a giant tailings pile. Easily the biggest nugget I've found since I've started. Definitely worth the heat.

I agree with both of you on the use of our tax money. It's one of the few things I would actually advocate for.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a pic (at the top) of Bridgeport historic walking bridge. Its one of very few things I would like the taxpayers to provide money for in Calif.!!
Imagine living in a land where the taxpayers decide how they will spend their money........

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome! I usually just hit up Bridgeport, about a mile upstream from the main park. Usually because it's so close to where I live. I'm still not too familar with other areas yet. So i'm also up to suggestions on locations.

dfox... You might wanna try the North side of the bridge at Dog Bar Road and the Bear River on the West side about 1/8 mile in... I left you a nice deep hole and that two ouncer has got to be down there somewhere.. I just ran outta time and daylight..shhhhh... ;)

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dfox... You might wanna try the North side of the bridge at Dog Bar Road and the Bear River on the West side about 1/8 mile in... I left you a nice deep hole and that two ouncer has got to be down there somewhere.. I just ran outta time and daylight..shhhhh... ;) Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"
Ive yet to hit bear river... Is it better thank the north fork American

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive yet to hit bear river... Is it better thank the north fork American

It's not better, but I've had some good days there.. it's definitely a lot closer for you.. I've never been skunked at either...You'll like it..

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not better, but I've had some good days there.. it's definitely a lot closer for you.. I've never been skunked at either...You'll like it.. Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Sounds Great! Closer?? I thought you took the same exit to get to pennyweight as bear river...just opposite sides of the freeway. :?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread