Starting a Local Chapter for Gold Prospecting ???s

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting a Local Chapter for Gold Prospecting ???'s

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask. I am a GPAA Life Member and LDMA Member. I live in Lubbock Tx no prospecting for gold here however being so close to New Mexico I have been now frequenting that area quite a bit. I was thinking of possibly starting a gold prospecting chapter here since there is not one close. GPAA sent me details on starting a chapter but the question I have is my family and I are the only ones I personally know doing prospecting. With 200000 plus people being here and being a college town I am sure there are others that have interest. So what way would you suggest getting the word out about starting a club I guess thats my biggest road block right now approaching this the correct way. Since there is no local places to prospect it would need to be people willing to travel a little ways to prospect. Or at least be willing to learn at classes held by the club.

Any suggestions is much appreciated......

Thanks
Rodney....
AKA Gunlocators.....
W3LDR

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask. I am a GPAA Life Member and LDMA Member. I live in Lubbock Tx no prospecting for gold here however being so close to New Mexico I have been now frequenting that area quite a bit. I was thinking of possibly starting a gold prospecting chapter here since there is not one close. GPAA sent me details on starting a chapter but the question I have is my family and I are the only ones I personally know doing prospecting. With 200000 plus people being here and being a college town I am sure there are others that have interest. So what way would you suggest getting the word out about starting a club I guess thats my biggest road block right now approaching this the correct way. Since there is no local places to prospect it would need to be people willing to travel a little ways to prospect. Or at least be willing to learn at classes held by the club.
Any suggestions is much appreciated......
ThanksRodney....AKA Gunlocators.....W3LDR

Howdy Rodney, and welcome to the site..:hello:

A club is a great idea, but to be honest not many are pleased
with the new ownership of the GPAA. If you were to start an
independent club I think you might find more experienced
prospectors would be interested.

No doubt it's a lot of hard work, not only finding new members,
but also finding claims to work, etc. Only way to know if it will
fly is to give it a go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread