Playing Underwater

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well went out this morning to get some work done and came back for lunch and it seems a bear decided to run off with my food bag.. About a week an a half of grocery..Oh well what can ya do? So I find myself in civilization re-uping store. Well I have been having a blast.. Just lovin it.. I still aint rich but no complaints here.. Been dabbling in underwater sniping/cracking and have had some good success. Though I will admit there are a few kinks to be worked out.. Trial and error I suppose.. Anyway the days are getting hotter the water is getting lower and hopefully the gold will get BIGGER.. Anyway I am headed back out tomorrow for a bit. Much more fun out in the woods then sitting here in the house. I will Come back in next weekend to do some kayaking gonna take an relaxing evening trip down Drivers Flat and then run the South Fork for a couple of Days...take a break from gold for a weekend.Well I hope everyone is on some good color and having a good year..

Upvote 0

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you usually go? Generic location (Not trying to steal your spot).

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the American rivers are all good but I am somewhat partial to the N.F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lookin super screw driver/crevice tool ! You weld that up yourself ?

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like you've already got a buddy, but if you're ever looking for someone to tag along, I'm in the Grass Valley area.. My prospecting buddy is deploying to Afghanistan so I'm looking to find some new friends who enjoy the river.

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies... I was not trying to poach anyone's spot. I'm still relatively new and just looking for friends to hang out/prospect with. Where that happens, I could care less. Just trying to find someone in the local area.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slept late headed out now
Fullpan my brother bought the crevicing tool locally at Pioneer Mining here in Auburn..

Dfox No apologies needed... My brother prospect with me on his days off of work but other then that I work alone. I do this for wage.So it makes it somewhat difficult for me to buddy up.. But I appreaciate the offer.. Their is a lot of Locals in our area on T-net an no doubt you will partner up quickly.. Also The GOLDHOUNDS are a Non profit Local prospecting club you may want to check out.
Goldhound Home

HoserJohn I brought my Bear spray. I got lazy in my food storage and didn't put it away. Figured since I was close to camp no need to string up the bag.. I was mistaken. Anyway Bears around here re pretty timid I figure if I do what I am supposed to do and not cut corners me and the bears will get along great....

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bears consider that junk as a garnish for your butt. .357-.44 mag.-.45 mo' convincing to them 4 legged stomachs. But bear spray works pretty darn good on crankster gangsters so not a total loss-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The days are getting hotter? Come on down here and give it a try Vic. Our low day time temp for this week is in the area of 103. On the other hand we don't have any bears (other than the two legged type) to deal with. There has been a reported sighting of a Jaguar in the area of our claim. USFS has closed off the area north of us because of it. Not sure if it's just an excuse, for the big cats protection or ours. What ever the reason it's preventing me from getting into a couple of new areas I've been wanting to check out for possible claiming. :(

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice videos Marshall! Ping pong paddles can work good for moving overburden while sniping. Have to swap back to waving stuff around with your hands once you get closer to bedrock though so you don't wave the gold away.

-N8

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slept late headed out now
Fullpan my brother bought the crevicing tool locally at Pioneer Mining here in Auburn..

Dfox No apologies needed... My brother prospect with me on his days off of work but other then that I work alone. I do this for wage.So it makes it somewhat difficult for me to buddy up.. But I appreaciate the offer.. Their is a lot of Locals in our area on T-net an no doubt you will partner up quickly.. Also The GOLDHOUNDS are a Non profit Local prospecting club you may want to check out.
Goldhound Home

HoserJohn I brought my Bear spray. I got lazy in my food storage and didn't put it away. Figured since I was close to camp no need to string up the bag.. I was mistaken. Anyway Bears around here re pretty timid I figure if I do what I am supposed to do and not cut corners me and the bears will get along great....

Lived out in the canyons for months at a time over the years. Bears are sneaky. They know when you are gone and will slip in and get your food when you slip up. Lost plenty of supplies over the years. Somehow they can carry an armful of stuff away with them after they have bit through every can in camp, including the bug spray. Tie it high. Thanks for the movies. Looks like your living the dream.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...."after they bit through every can in camp..." - Haha, I've got a small rock garden with some relics like pick-heads, shovels, and even a 30's era wheelbarrow
with iron wheel,
but the items I get most asked about, are a couple of (now rusty) cans of chili with bite marks from the bears.

dfox

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MadMarshall, thanks for the tip. I think I might have to give the Goldhounds a try.

Your videos have definitely given me the motivation to try my hand at sniping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions