To be honest.....

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

Well the other day it came to my attention that I need to be truthful. It may seem to be a surprise or "I knew it", or "who cares." Some might have guessed already anyway, but I will still say it openly. I am 14 years old interested in mining. The reason I never told anyone sooner was because of ridiculous thoughts. They were very absurd and I wish not I share them. I should have told you all sooner and I am sorry for that. Thanks to someone on the forum, he said it would be a good idea to share it in order to earn something more of.... I really thank him for giving me the advice and encouragement to speak up, he knows who he is. Thanks very much to you.

Sorry to everyone,
H&F909ORO

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to apologize to anyone because you're young. What better time to get into this wonderful past time! Lots of years to search for that hard to find metal!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....I was 8 or 9 when I caught the bug...no internet just books and field experience for years. Just keep at it.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
God speed and heavy pans brother.

Be safe in your travels, ask much, and overall-keep having a great time!

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
Wish I would have got in to prospecting when I was 14. It would have kept me out of a lot of trouble. Just make school your #1 priority. Prospecting #2

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
14 is a great age to be starting your gold career. Keep asking questions and stay safe and you will soon be a seasoned pro.
GM

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All,

Well the other day it came to my attention that I need to be truthful. It may seem to be a surprise or "I knew it", or "who cares." Some might have guessed already anyway, but I will still say it openly. I am 14 years old interested in mining. The reason I never told anyone sooner was because of ridiculous thoughts. They were very absurd and I wish not I share them. I should have told you all sooner and I am sorry for that. Thanks to someone on the forum, he said it would be a good idea to share it in order to earn something more of.... I really thank him for giving me the advice and encouragement to speak up, he knows who he is. Thanks very much to you.
Sorry to everyone,
H&F909ORO

Sorry to everyone for...WHAT? Not telling others something that is somewhat
irrelevant requires no apology. Not sure I ever told anyone my age either..lol

14 or 40, you write better than most of us, and you certainly don't
take a back seat to anyone when it comes to participating in the
forums.

Dude...you can still work your as off all day, and then grab a shower
and hang out with your buds while the rest of us are drowning the days
pains and sleeping. Wish ta hell I was 14 again!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14?
You have got it made!
Interested in mining you say?
Must be nice..you can shovel/sluice/dredge/hard rock mine..all day at your age!
No back pain. No sore muscles.
No beer breaks...'cause your not allowed. :laughing7: Enjoy it while you can, time creeps up on us fast.

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for the responses, I do feel better after telling you all. I appreciate the nice comments and uplifting words. Thank you all!

H&F909ORO

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're 30 years ahead of me! Wish I didn't miss out on all that time! 20140407_154802-1.jpg

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Age is of no importance, I think it is great to see young people get involved in minning. Keep up the good work and spread the good word.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a woman who just retired from a great job. She put herself through college mining gold with her dad on the Feather river. So, stay in school, get those
grades, but learn something like prospecting to sustain yourself without asking for a handout. That's the old school American way - and GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
H&F909ORO

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Well grades, music, running, mining, and Boy Scouts is all important to me. I have to be if I want to achieve my vision, which is to go fly for the Navy. School is very important to me as well as mining, but as it was said school 1st and mining 2nd.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well grades, music, running, mining, and Boy Scouts is all important to me. I have to be if I want to achieve my vision, which is to go fly for the Navy. School is very important to me as well as mining, but as it was said school 1st and mining 2nd.
sounds like you have your priorities right and are doing great things already. My compliments on holding your own with all the curmudgeons on here...some of em make me feel like the kid looking up to experts with decades more experience ...and I'm 50!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You'll do this for a little while. Maybe have other priorities as you get older like you mentioned. But, you'll always be the man who knows how. Twenty years down the road you may look at a gravel bank and it will all come rushing back. Maybe you'll share your knowledge with another generation. :blackbeard:

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't worry about it
Emotionally I'm about 6 years old maturity wise I may be pushing 10
:)

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H&F, good job on keeping your priorities strait! The bug bit me early, at about your age and once I was able to drive at 16 I was washing dirt every chance I had. That has continued on and off now for ~35 years. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions