Anyone use the Crazy Crusher?

Jordan P

May 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has used the Crazy Crusher to crush rocks to find gold.
Is it worth the money? All the gold around me is lode gold, so it may be worth more to me than the guys that find a lot of placer gold.
Also if you have experience with it, how long will it last till parts need to be replaced?

I seen the video on YouTube, and it looks good. Just the price is a bit scary.

Thanks,

Jordan

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO you can do better with your own DIY mortar and pestle - and if you want to run more poundage/day , get a small gas engine.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man please tell me that is you full pan. Dat camo and accent sounds like that guy lives around the corner from me.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, - not me. Reed Lukens has a whole bunch of mining/dredging videos. I forgot he can be a little political at times, lol.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, Bravo on the crusher Reed, that does the job well! Where are you from originally? (if you read this.)

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hollywood Blvd :laughing7:

That video was right after Feinstein put in the bill to outlaw all assault rifles in Ca. You know, the normal Kalifornika gun grab after every shooting anywhere in the world... Hey it's an election year again isn't it... Now you can buy the weapons here still but they are dumbed down with a trigger guard that makes them all single shot only plus you can't buy the ammo unlike in many of the states back east. The ammo just isn't available and 22lr isn't found by the brick here anymore either and they want $10.00 for a box of 50.
I'm an 8th generation Northern Californian and now we have 10 generations here with the grand kids :)

OP
OP
J

Jordan P

May 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok cool.

So... Has anyone used the Crazy Crusher to crush rocks?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine has a crazy crusher and compares it to he ex-wife
It does what you need it to do but leaves you worn out and frustrated after you use it.

Interpret that any way you like :dontknow:

OP
OP
J

Jordan P

May 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Bonaro!! I'll take it as a not so good thing lol

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use the Crazy Crusher for sampling around some of our claims.

It is a modified nut cracker from long ago. It works for sampling just great. Built well and can be hard faced with a welder when the parts wear.

If volume is the goal. Then just get a good flail or impact type of gas crusher.

OP
OP
J

Jordan P

May 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use the Crazy Crusher for sampling around some of our claims.

It is a modified nut cracker from long ago. It works for sampling just great. Built well and can be hard faced with a welder when the parts wear.

If volume is the goal. Then just get a good flail or impact type of gas crusher.

Thanks dredgeman for the response! I'm wanting a rock crusher that will last a long time. One that won't breakdown after a couple uses. I would like to crush ALOT of rock with it as well.

Is a gas powered "homemade" crusher worth it if you're having to fill it with gas?
I don't even know how to make one lol. That's kinda why I was hoping the Crazy Crusher was going to be a good investment. But if it's wearing out after crushing 10 gallons of rock, it's not worth it.

Not easy dealing with lode gold!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the point is...the crazy crusher is manually operated and will wear YOU out
A gas powered one will last for a long time before needing refurb

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stocked up on ammo. My brother was working for a gun store and warned me of the price increase early on. I bought plenty of 22lr, hollow points for my .45 Springfield XD. Reed, have you looked at the slide fire system? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE

Yup, I looked into buying one and then waited for the cash. Then the theater shooting put everything on standby and I haven't seen them for sale since... But I haven't looked recently to see if they are back on the market. There are great quality steel ones that were available that cost a little more but looked a lot smoother. I bump fire good enough without it but the slide fire is slick.

As far as the crushers go, get a gas or electric operated crusher. We use a jaw crusher but if you want powder it will have to be ran a couple of times or put through a ball mill or an impact like GG built with a screened exit sized to 100mesh or smaller. The Keene crusher mentioned above is a great unit if you have the money but I do like coming up with my own for a hundred or less and I use my motors from when I used to be able to dredge here in Kalifornikå to run them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread