Kern river trip

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone. Went to the kern for two days and got a little bit of gold. Me and my dad both think we did pretty bad. Here's a picture

image-1938190139.png

image-1908532771.png

Alex

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you did well enough to get a nice picture of gold in your pan. There never seems to be enough and that is what keeps us going. At least you know how much effort it takes to get that much gold from that specific spot on the Kern River. Move three feet left it might have been more or less. At least your mining with your Dad. Keep doing that.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time spent outside is time spent exercising and bot watching tv. It's not always about the gold for me. I get just as excited about being out of the house, hiking through the woods, and having an adventure that most only imagine while they sit at home shoving hand fulls of chips in their mouths.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That waterway is very cold and dangerous, be careful, but as the water drops, it should expose some very nice areas. Congrats on a great trip with your dad.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't call it the Killer Kern fer nuttn' man. Err on the side a caution as all those death toll signs are REAL :headbang: John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, Alex you be careful with that pan and all....and take great pride knowing you wrangled some of the most treacherous gold in the state.......glad you made it back in one piece to show us the pictures8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions