Nevada City shooting?

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some details from the Sacramento Bee this morning:

A Bureau of Land Management ranger, a California Highway Patrol officer and a suspect were injured Saturday during a shootout in a remote area in Nevada County, 10 miles north of Nevada City, authorities said.

The officer was responding to the ranger’s call for assistance shortly after 3 p.m. in the Tahoe National Forest when they encountered a gunman, CHP Officer Greg Tassone said.

The BLM ranger sustained a gunshot to the shoulder. The CHP officer went to a nearby hospital with a laceration to his leg. Tassone said he didn’t know whether he was wounded by gunfire or from something else.

The alleged shooter and the ranger were flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Tassone said.

The circumstances surrounding the shootout are under investigation.

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Campngolf...sorry to hear that..All the Rangers up there are pretty nice guys..

How come you ain't out playing golf on such a nice day?

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Campngolf...sorry to hear that..All the Rangers up there are pretty nice guys..

How come you ain't out playing golf on such a nice day?

I gave up panning "golf" a few years ago. :laughing7:

But I did take the day off Friday and hit the North Fork American for a little color.

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up panning "golf" a few years ago. :laughing7:

But I did take the day off Friday and hit the North Fork American for a little color.
Herby D says..

Cool..I often think I should do the same thing... I swear there's times I think it's easier to find gold than it is my golf ball.. ;)

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for 18 holes Thursday after work....on duty 6 am to 3....5 hour round of golf home by ten....very fulfilling day:headbang:

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for 18 holes Thursday after work....on duty 6 am to 3....5 hour round of golf home by ten....very fulfilling day:headbang:

Cool..I've had my share of rounds at Alta Sierra..Their sand traps have a nice solid base to retain the sand..I pick the spot where it drains and sneak a couple grocery bags of sand..Can't wait to get home.. ;) Just sayin ..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any details on the suspect?

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fullpan..these reporters sure aren't very concerned about sharing any names with us are they ?

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just a couple of miles from my in-laws land...we enjoy that stretch of river all the time.

OP
OP
Herby D

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's update - It seems the guy was living in the woods in a clearing across from campground. He was obviously at war with "gov't types" and fighting back the only way he knew how, - doesn't excuse his actions though...

Alleged Edwards
Crossing shooter and 'sovereign citizen' Brent Cole arraigned on attempted murder charges

Thanks again Fullpan...When I pulled up the article I thought I was looking at a picture of Ted Kaczynski, "Unabomber"..couldn't believe the similarity..Not just his picture..

It sounds like this guy, Brent Cole, was at the end of his rope..With exception of him shooting the Ranger..if he did..I can't help but empathise with him...The article, typical of most news articles, leaves me having to read between the lines..Why don't they disclosure the chp officers "injuries"?..What was Cole doing wrong ? Was he being harassed..IMHO..it sounds like the article is being slanted toward the Leos...(why would the reporter say the judge "told him in plain english") I would love to see this reporter, or someone, do a follow-up with Brent Cole...I'll bet there's more to this story than we're getting...

By the way Fullpan, have you ever considered being a journalist or a detective?... your knowledge and ability for research and posting of info is to be admired...
Thanks again..

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Herby - its really easy to keep tabs on things if you have no life, lol. If it was not for the web, I'd be brain-dead from watching Law and Order, and Everybody Loves Raymond. :hello:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, when I finally had time to stop and think about things, it really opened my eyes on news slanting. no sheeple, no more...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread