KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how did you get permission from all the land owners on the kayaking video, must have had to talk to a lot of people

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Smart comments get smart replies, ya all been hitting him hard in the other sections..
first impressions mean a lot to me and I'll tell ya, you have not made a good one on me. Can't get along with everyone I suppose...

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey go easy on the new guy! Save the insults for those you've dug a hole with :)

I understand he is new, just saying if your trying to police the prospectors have facts before just thinking they are doing something else. I haven't trespassed yet, but I always check with the land owners before gaining access. However you say that one word... "GOLD" the property owner thinks your talking about Alaskan gold lol..

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
first impressions mean a lot to me and I'll tell ya, you have not made a good one on me. Can't get along with everyone I suppose...

Yep, that's true.. Can't like everyone. I just didn't like the fact that he felt I was trespassing, or going on peoples land without permission. I know it's different down there in Georgia. National Forests are a lot harder to get into. But ya all okay with his comment :P

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didnt think in the southeast there where any national forests you can mine
Not any in georgia at least

In NC you can prospect, there is rumors saying they might take it away. It can't be mechanical prospecting of any sort. It can be sluice and pan only. If ya ever come out this way to NC I can give ya a few spots to make your trip worth while.

this is a lil video of the national forest, it's called uwharrie. Look it up on youtube...

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, that's true.. Can't like everyone. I just didn't like the fact that he felt I was trespassing, or going on peoples land without permission. I know it's different down there in Georgia. National Forests are a lot harder to get into. But ya all okay with his comment :P

Also i was reying to be more sarcastic about it, im sure its all legal or you would have
Been shot off this forum a long time ago, sorry id it affended you

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In NC you can prospect, there is rumors saying they might take it away. It can't be mechanical prospecting of any sort. It can be sluice and pan only. If ya ever come out this way to NC I can give ya a few spots to make your trip worth while.

this is a lil video of the national forest, it's called uwharrie. Look it up on youtube...

Somebody needs to write a petition to let people in georgia prospect on these federal lands(and maybe state and county lands) i would but nobody will take a 15 year old seriously.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also i was reying to be more sarcastic about it, im sure its all legal or you would have
Been shot off this forum a long time ago, sorry id it affended you

I am good, but if ya ever get to NC, I got a dredge and we can go out. I will take you to a spot that has some gold. Ya all find real chunky gold in georgia right? I used to live in Villa Rica for a while. I met a woman down there and I got access to her property to pan and sluice. Found some descent gold. Funny thing is I just went over there to buy a chair or two for a living room. She seen my pan and started talking to me about her land.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Somebody needs to write a petition to let people in georgia prospect on these federal lands(and maybe state and county lands) i would but nobody will take a 15 year old seriously.

Actually they would probably listen more to you, do you have a gpaa chapter out there? I know they go out by some lake out there and find some good gold. I think you all mine on the Army of engineers land or something like that. They worried ya will do something to their land or something.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am good, but if ya ever get to NC, I got a dredge and we can go out. I will take you to a spot that has some gold. Ya all find real chunky gold in georgia right? I used to live in Villa Rica for a while. I met a woman down there and I got access to her property to pan and sluice. Found some descent gold. Funny thing is I just went over there to buy a chair or two for a living room. She seen my pan and started talking to me about her land.

Nice :)

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

what about the natahala national forest any prospecting there

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually they would probably listen more to you, do you have a gpaa chapter out there? I know they go out by some lake out there and find some good gold. I think you all mine on the Army of engineers land or something like that. They worried ya will do something to their land or something.

army corp of engineer land vary
some allow it some don't
better to stay away from them
most Georgia prospectors are on private land with permission from landowners

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions