More ESA backlash

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are more signs every day that the Endangered Species Act enforcement has gotten out of hand and the Congress is fed up with Agency overreach. This is one of several recent Congressional actions putting notice to the ESA and CWA nonsense.

More than 40 members of Congress asked the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to delay proposed rules and policies “that would make sweeping changes to regulations for how critical habitat is designated or excluded.

Notice the reference to the illegal "sue and settle" tactics in use.

The representatives noted there is a history of concerns they and others have had with the agencies’ interpretations of critical habitat designations, economic analyses methodology and regulations “stemming from hundreds of listings from closed-door settlements with litigious groups.

Read more here.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting this information! It appears that these tactics of Sue and Settle have finally gotten the attention of Congress and hopefully will lead to the curtailment of this type of activity by the Enviromental Nazis and giving in by the regulatory agencies. Could it be that these threaten to significantly effect someone's activities that is a member of Congress or for many of their' constituents? We can sure hope so and that it will lead to much more oversight of these issues by Congress!

Frank

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Several higher courts have already declared "sue and settle" illegal. If you know of such an out of court settlement (even if approved by the court) a simple challenge will overturn the agreement.

For one of the first cases shooting down the "sue and settle" scam see Minard Run III (a very informative mining case).

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
It's about time that congress woke up! I feel that the enviro-nazis should be made to pay back every dime they have extorted from our government with interest. we should figure out a way to challenge every single ruling that has been made so far.

Until I started learning about the mining laws, I hadn't paid attention to what was going on with this issue. Now that I have gained an understanding of these issues, I'm sickened by the lack of action on the part of our elected representatives to stop this kind of action by the environmental groups. They seem to be nothing but a bunch of thieves out to line their own pockets at the expense of the people. JMHO

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There is plenty of pushback in the house, but the Senate is full of Boxers, Feinstein, Reid ,Schumer ect, ect. They worship the greenies and the ESA

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They pray to false gods and our rights pay the price whilst the environutz and tribes prosper on the bones of others rights...sic sic sic:censored: John

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking about push-back, it looks like the Idaho dredgers are making waves over at EPA - check out the recent posts in "Dredging and Hi-banking...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread