EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy prospectors,

I've been stricken with a bad case of gold fever, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I'm prospecting in all my free time. I work to prospect, and am working to own a mine.

I love meeting and speaking with prospectors and miners. If you would like to collaborate on a mining adventure on or off camera, please contact me.

Hope to meet many of you!
Gold to ya'll!

Erik the Prospector

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy prospectors, I've been stricken with a bad case of gold fever, and it has only gotten worse over the years. I go up to the CA mother lode, to the American rivers, regularly. I will vac, detect, pan, crevice, and snipe. These days I'm mostly sniping. I love meeting new prospectors for future Goldventures, and would enjoy meeting any of you! If you're ever interested in going on a Goldventure, or just talking prospecting, contact me any time. . I'm always looking for new people to go up with, or prospectors to chat with. I also do Goldventures episodes on YouTube for fun from time to time. See my latest one if you fee like. Video Link: http://youtu.be/jOLSHRBWlhE Hope to meet many of you! Gold to ya'll! Erik the Prospector Video Link: http://youtu.be/u4W5zpuQDf0
Lol!! Cool videos what camera do you use? I might like to meet up some time. I need to get my car fixed first though... Car was stolen, recovered and doesn't start anymore but once I have a ride again I'd like to. Sounds like I live right next to the places you go.

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool vids. If it was easy it wouldn't be a Goldventure. (I've trademarked that slogan but it's yours for just a little gold)

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool vids! Looks like fun!

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for comments guys. If you're up for a Goldventure let me know. I'm always going up. Trying to maximize the summertime for now for the temperatures in the water, and water levels.
More Goldventure episodes coming soon such as a compilation of a few weeks of prospecting.
Golden pans to you,
E the P

p.s. I was using a GE DVX (dirt cheap and small) exclusively in Explorations of the Mother Lode. Whitewater Gold had both GE DVX and GoPro2 footage. For all current shooting I just use a GoPro2.

Last edited:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for comments guys. If you're up for a Goldventure let me know. I'm always going up. Trying to maximize the summertime for now for the temperatures in the water, and water levels.
More Goldventure episodes coming soon such as a compilation of a few weeks of prospecting.
Golden pans to you,
E the P

p.s. I was using a GE DVX (dirt cheap and small) exclusively in Explorations of the Mother Lode. Whitewater Gold had both GE DVX and GoPro2 footage. For all current shooting I just use a GoPro2.

I head up to the north fork american regularly from Manteca. Not going to make it this weekend but I'm down to search for some shine with you, looks like you know what you're doing and i can learn a thing or two. PM me if you're interested in getting out there next weekend!

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought vaccing in the American was illegal.

Howdy H&F,
I've spoken with authorities who told me that it was okay at the time.
Vacuuming is a pain in the ass anyways, and I don't mess with it anymore.
Best,
E the P

Last edited:
OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Mxer47, but I don't use a vacuum anymore anyways. Too bulky and heavy, clogs, breaks down, etc.

Best to ya',
E

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really enjoyed the videos :thumbsup:!! I almost spit soda all over my laptop laughing, in the first video, when your two friends "Jack and S#!t" showed up :laughing7: Beautiful country, that is what I am looking forward to doing if this rain ever quits here, lol. Thanks for posting them!

I almost forgot, next time would you turn the music volume down as a request. I'd turn the volume down for the music then could not hear you talk. Back and forth with the volume, but worth it. The music itself was fine. Thank again!

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden pans to you,
E the P

Really enjoyed the videos :thumbsup:!! I almost spit soda all over my laptop laughing, in the first video, when your two friends "Jack and S#!t" showed up :laughing7: Beautiful country, that is what I am looking forward to doing if this rain ever quits here, lol. Thanks for posting them!

I almost forgot, next time would you turn the music volume down as a request. I'd turn the volume down for the music then could not hear you talk. Back and forth with the volume, but worth it. The music itself was fine. Thank again!

Yes I agree on the music. It was louder than your talking so I turned it down for the music and then couldn't hear the talking, so you need to work a bit with the sound editor. On mine it's a simple graph with a line that can be raised for more volume in an area of the movie that needs it. So I level the voice out as good as I can so it doesn't need to be raised and lowered and then I cut the music to ¼ of the voice at the most.

sfpsirit

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2015
San Francisco
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Erik- My name is Felix and I live in San Francisco. I have recently just gotten into gold prospecting and would very much be interested in anything you organize having to do with gold hunting. My email address is: [email protected]

Thanks! PS- I enjoy watching your videos. You should definitely continue, as I think more and more younger people are going to be interested in gold prospecting!

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Reed, I agree with the levels, however my upward audio adjustments on the diagetic were limited and at max. It's a visual story anyways and I wasn't saying anything important. I just try to do a better job each project, or make less mistakes. Thanks for watching.

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Felix, just saw this reply post. Hope you've been doing well. I'd enjoy chatting with you about prospecting and seeing if we could rendezvous.
Best,
Erik

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool vids. If it was easy it wouldn't be a Goldventure. (I've trademarked that slogan but it's yours for just a little gold)

No thanks Campngolf, but thanks for the offer. I would be surprised if you actually did Trademark that and pay the ~$500 and go through the work to do it though... I have Trademarked and Copyrighted Goldventures, and have more amidst. This is getting more and more serious for me. My obsession will forever be fed. I must feed my ever growing gold addiction!
Heavy pans,
E t P

Last edited:
OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Glad you enjoyed the video and spit soda :D Jack and $hit are gold old prospecting friends of mine, and I see them regularly :D
Thanks for the feedback Machinist. The volume battle between on screen and off screen music can be a challenge at times as it exports at different levels, etc. I'll just aim to do better each video for the most part.
Thanks for watching!

E t P

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

My girlfriend and I have been having some fun mining together. These are some of our recent trips. More videos coming soon.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great vids, I'm jealous!

OP
OP
EriktheProspector

EriktheProspector

Jun 13, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great vids, I'm jealous!
Thanks Kevin, but you got some great gold out there in Colorado yourself I'm sure. Looks like you got a million pieces of equipment. You must be hardcore yourself! Why don't we meet up in Colorado and do some mining? You game? Tell me about your prospecting/mining lately.

I haven't been on this site much. Been out getting gold, and dealing with my YouTube channel, website, and also my main business as well. I guess I'm not too much a forum guy. I prefer getting gold, sleeping, getting gold. I do like that I can use this forum to meet new cool people, like my buddy Jerry who I found my nugget with, and you Kevin, who maybe we'll meet up in Colorado.

Take care and good gold to you,
Erik

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread