Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm getting laid off!

This is great news. My company is hitting a short lull in work and it couldn't come at a better time. Mining season is in full swing and I think I found a claim to buy into. My RV is all period for the season because of the two trips I've taken in it this year and the one I'm leaving for today. This layoff will give me the chance to see if I can make it as a full time miner. So cool! If this works out and I'm able to pull enough gold I'll be buying my own claim and running full time which means I won't have to work anymore. Awesome right? If you had the chance what would you do? Find another job or chase a dream?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140620_142848.png
    ForumRunner_20140620_142848.png
    233 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck man !

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
I hope You enjoy your trip to gold country. Maybe You could provide a little more info on Your claim and the experienced guys in that area may be better able to offer You some help and advice. First of all???? Buy into a claim??? You mean joining guys who already have a claim and need another partner??? How much is the buy in ??? Real important question !!!!! What makes You think a living is to made on this claim ????????? Are other guys working it full time??? What area is it in <<< Dry Desert??? It will be blistering hot the next three months in much of Gold Country. You may want to ask for some more advice or help before spending a lot of Your hard earned money. It's over 112 at my house right now so not good to be out in the claims unless You want to risk serious health issues.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One lucky strike and your in it for good....

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good questions, all of them. I don't have to buy in yet, and its two other guys on a 120 acre claim that was partially processed back in the old days and the old miners stopped right at about the second world war. The claim hasn't been worked since then. My friends discovered the delinquent status of the claim and snatched it up. My buy in is $2000 but they are hurting for cash so I'm thinking I can get in cheaper. Now back to the fact that I don't have to buy in yet. I'm allowed to prospect it for about a month and I already have plans to rent a drill and do some sampling and also some test holes. I've already seen gold come off the claim with my own labor in the areas that were worked back in the day so I know there is gold in the virgin ground up there so I'm going to prospect it and find out where. ALL of my prospecting is allowed to be secret to me so they won't get to find out my results until after I make my decision. The guys I'm working with are good people and the understand my apprehension. There is water both on the claim and on the adjacent claim (which one of the guys owns) to be able to process with. This could be a really good deal or a bust but I'm protected from the bust. My terms must be agreed to and contracted in for me to buy in and they are

1. No more partners
2. Upon death the partnership divides between remaining partners
3. You can sell your share but only to someone who the other partners agree
4. All gold taken while working together is divided equally, all gold taken individually is the individuals
5. Other people can be brought in to work but only for a percentage of that partners take. IE the partners divided first and the workers only take a percentage of their friends take.

I'll have more but I've got time to think of them.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a good plan. A month of diligent prospecting and you should be able to make a decent determination as to future viability of the property and partnership. If it is only fair you can always buy in and work it in the spare time you have when your not workin for the man....

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This is great news. My company is hitting a short lull in work and it couldn't come at a better time. Mining season is in full swing and I think I found a claim to buy into. My RV is all period for the season because of the two trips I've taken in it this year and the one I'm leaving for today. This layoff will give me the chance to see if I can make it as a full time miner. So cool! If this works out and I'm able to pull enough gold I'll be buying my own claim and running full time which means I won't have to work anymore. Awesome right? If you had the chance what would you do? Find another job or chase a dream?

Man, you are about to find out what hard work is. Tried this for a year back in the 70's when there was real freedom. I never worked so hard in my life. Good luck, but be prepared for anything...

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck to you! I hope your layoff is a blessing.

Are you prospecting by hand or with equiptment?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I lost my job of 15 years as a manufacturing engineer. So much happier now. Lost 100 lbs and getting gold weekly. Best of luck where ever life takes you on your new path!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to attempt to make some lemonaide. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope your dream is realized! Won't have to work any more? I think you ment won't have to work for someone else, because believe me brother you will be working. lol.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great news. I'm happy for u. That happened to me over 10 years ago, one of the best things I did was go into business for myself. Doesn't matter what kind. If it happens to be mining then bonus.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just curious, how much can you really make at full time prospector going about it the way you are? i realize you could always hit the mother lode, but what about the laws of averages, what are you likely to walk away with? 24k/yr? 40k/yr? I have no idea, I am just curious.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the claim is sooooooooooooooooooooo good why don't they just mine the thing and pay for it in gold. Sounds like much bs. PAY NOT A CENT TILL YOU TEST TEST TEST FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS IN 10 PLACES. A fool and his unemployment checks are soon parted,so slow down,collect your thoughts and then procede. I smell frotten fish as if golds there then $$$$ no problem,why $2k for a $350 claim or are you a financier unemployed???John

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do it, it may be your last chance to mine with power tools, in the next 10 years nobody body will be using power it will be all hands or nothing. so go enjoy while you can you can always get another job.
cant just get a sweet deal like unemployment chk and mining tossed in your lap everyday.
Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread