MY $15.00 HOMEMADE BLUEBOWL

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
unnamed[1].jpg unnamed[1] (2).jpg unnamed[1] (3).jpg unnamed[2].jpg unnamed[1] (7).jpg DSC00234.JPG DSC00236.JPG

So here is my homemade bluebowl that works great and was made for 15.00. The Blue bowl itself I bought on ebay for 5.00 (a steal they usually are 10-15.00). It's a 5 quart feed bowl called "The Little Giant". It's made of thick Semi flexible chemical resistant plastic, and even has the measurement lines on the inside of the bowl. The measurement lines are nice for when you are processing different type material, you can use the lines as your indicator of the best flow point for your material. The white inside cone piece was carefully cut out of one of my girlfriend's (shhhhh lol) bundt cake pans made by owens corning. The material that the cone is made of is almost like a composite plastic that has a toothy texture, and is easily worked with hand tools, and sand paper. I have seen them also on ebay once in a while for like two or three bucks. The white plastic piping I used on the side for my water intake, is actually part of a sink trap that was laying around my basement. It is only used as the outer protective shell, because the source that feeds the water inside of the white pipe is actually clear tubing with a 5/8 inner diameter that is found at lowes, or home depot for like a dollar a foot. I bought three feet just in case. That clear tubing is pushed onto a brass fitting that has a 5/8 nipple on one side, and a female threaded end on the other side. I put a hose clamp on the nipple end, and as you can see, a cheap cheesy little valve fitting on the other side. That gets connected to my water hose. One thing I did for the cheap valve, is made sure the screw in the black handle wasnt too tight. That way, I have easier control and better accuracy with the valve. The glue I used is plummer's goop sold at home depot, or lowes. Notice in the picture that the inside of the bowl where my hole was drilled. I used a socket attached to a pair of vicegrips and heated it up in order to elongate the hole, and continue it in the plastic for an inch. It was important for me to get this part of the bluebowl right, because you want the water flow to hug the wall of the bowl in order for it to work the best it can. Anyhow, I hope you guys like it. She's not the prettiest, but she works great!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks russau. I need to get some better photos of it in action. When running, the concentrates are in a shape like a skill saw blade 360 degrees around the cone.

OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh and also under that camo tarp is my frankenstien rock crusher. Haha. It works good, but is pretty damn fugly

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that's pretty close to a prototype one made during the blue bowls original creation.....I bet you get at least your 50%....let us know

OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Goldwasher, Tomorrow I will be putting the bowl to the test. I'll let you know how it does. I plan on saving everything I run through it just in case for when I get something better to use, I will re-run the stuff and see what I missed. With the exception of one time, all the gold I'm finding is very tiny. Barely visible to the eye, but very obvious under the jeweler's loupe, and alot of it is coated in black, which I am guessing is magnetite. Would you happen to know where I could get plans to build a wave table? Thanks, Jay

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If your gold is coated with black crud, you should do the shake and bake method. Search for it on the forums.

lokiie1984

Jun 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks better then mine by far, i might have to look into that bowl, and the glue you used. So far the glue has been my hardest part. The bowl work well enough but the glue i used just doesn't like water at all.

OP
OP
Frank D.

Frank D.

Sep 20, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lokiie1984, you definately need to use some type of water proof glue or epoxy.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ask about glue at a good auto parts store, they sell special glues for various types of plastic.
PS spending money on glue, etc adds up fast so do your research before you buy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions