Desert Gold

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
John, thanks for sharing so much of your adventures, just fascinating!

To others asking why the Spanish left markings: unlike you and I they did not prospect or mine for personal gain but rather for their king and church. So marking a deposit was a way of helping their fellows work together to serve a common goal.

Im assuming the goal was to extract the precious metals? In other words following the symbols will currently lead to where there are no precious metals.

Or was it for some future king or church to find centuries later?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The symbols lead to where there is precious metals and it was only for them that found it, not for anyone else centuries later.

You need to educate yourself further on the matter so you will know, there are posts in the LDM side of this Forum... go there and get an education.

Yes exactly! "It was only for them that found it, not for anyone else centuries later." They found it mined it so the gold is gone.

I've researched the ldm & posted what I found. They didnt like the verifiable facts that I posted. The ldm exists in the minds of those who choose to believe.

pacog

Apr 23, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John, what sort of Camera do you have? Are you sure the Auto focus and stability setting is on? What pixel setting do you have it set on as well?

The New go pro should take some excellent pics and video.

pacog

Apr 23, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes exactly! "It was only for them that found it, not for anyone else centuries later." They found it mined it so the gold is gone.

I've researched the ldm & posted what I found. They didnt like the verifiable facts that I posted. The ldm exists in the minds of those who choose to believe.

There is No way they would be able to mine all the gold in a particular area. Large companies with Huge machinery and Pits hundreds of feet deep and acre's long still have not mined the ALL the gold they have found in certain area's. What makes you think that miners with no modern machinery would be able to find all the gold??? With that logic there should no gold at all to mine?

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
There is Now way they would be able to mine all the gold in a particular area. Large companies with Huge machinery and Pits hundreds of feet deep and acre's long still have not mined the ALL the gold they have found in certain area's. What makes you think that miners with no modern machinery would be able to find all the gold??? With that logic there should no gold at all to mine?

I wrongly assumed people would know that gone would mean that significant amounts of recoverable gold would be gone. There are always traces left behind.

The symbols lead to specific locations. Im referring to those specific locations not to areas.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Symbols always lead you to areas where there's au, but you need to learn the definitives what codes lead to where.

I'm not going to give a crash course in it because if people want to learn it, they will.

That would be like people wanting to learn to fly a helicopter.

They don't want to learn to land or take off, but they want to fly around in the air.

There is no shortcuts.

There are no shortcuts in life either.

Are there symbols to inform that an area was mined? In other words we mined this area dont waste your time at this location.

Wouldn't symbols in themself be considered shortcuts?

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I found the symbol that the goods are gone. Its a turtle with it's head chopped off.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im assuming the goal was to extract the precious metals? In other words following the symbols will currently lead to where there are no precious metals. Or was it for some future king or church to find centuries later?

I'm sure in many cases they thought they'd be back very soon, or send one of their compadres soon...but that didn't always happen back then. People died, maps got lost, even better prospects were found, etc...but the signs on the rocks remain to whisper to us. Fascinating right?

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John,
There are those of us that find this thread to be totally unbelievable, but are fascinated with the things you are writing. I can't wait until the next episode.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure in many cases they thought they'd be back very soon, or send one of their compadres soon...but that didn't always happen back then. People died, maps got lost, even better prospects were found, etc...but the signs on the rocks remain to whisper to us. Fascinating right?

Possible but unlikely.

There are symbols from long before the Spaniards. Ancient civilizations.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
A google search for... Spanish treasure symbols... Will show every symbol and an explanation of each symbol.

1) What I don't understand is why they would use symbols. 2) Does anyone here use symbols to your hot spot?

3) Do you work/extract a hotspot or put symbols and leave the gold behind? 4) A large number of people must have known the symbols and could/would steal the metals if they are not mined when found.

5) Symbols on rocks that move and deteriorate seems like a waste of time in modern times. I would think it useless to follow symbols to a location that has been mined and should not still contain any sizable amounts of metals. Natural movement and deterioration could/would also send you in the wrong direction.

To answer your questions, I have numbered them and will respond in order.

1) There are many reasons why they left codes for others, so that they could find the Gold but I will only list a few. a) Many times, they could not extract all of the Gold from a given location either due to the lack of the number of men to protect it, containers to hold it or animals of burden to carry it. b) They were under constant or immediate threat by Native American Indians due to the locations being their' lands and/or sacred spots. c) They suffered catastophic losses of either man power or animals of burden due to attacks by Native American Indians, starvation, dehydration or cave-ins.

2) Yes, some folks have and probably still use markers of one sort or another to lead them to their' secret spot. However nowadays, it is much easier and safer to use GPS.

3) I am not sure if you are asking whether John does this or if the Spanish and Jesuit Priests did this! If the later, then answer #1 above applies.

4) No, a large number of people did not know the codes. Within a Gold seeking/mining expedition, the codes were only known to a special few such as the Officer in Charge (i.e. a lot of these were Spanish Soldiers) and the Jesuit Priests that accompanied them.

5) Unlike locations East of the Rockies where Mother Nature, the Civil War, vandalism, Graffiti, hunters, construction and Treasure Hunters (which may overwrite or destroy the codes so no one else can follow them), many of the codes in the Desert Southwest have remained untouched and unmolested by any of the aforementioned things for some 200 to 400 years. Yeah, there are some of them that have been destroyed for one of the aforementioned reasons or another but many more exist that have not been destroyed. While some of the key codes may have gotten destroyed, moved or molested, a keen eye and sense of a true professional will likely recognize this and through the use of the good remaining codes, might be led to the Gold or Treasure or put them in a close proximity where their' equipment (i.e. metal detectors, ground penetrating radar, etc.) will help them complete their task of finding what is hidden.

Frank

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm over 65 years of age and not in the mood of arguing with some broad that wants the cheat sheet to gold.

You like to read, because you read all these threads, so get an education on TNet by reading everything.

I own a Mining Company, but I'm not on this thread to tell you about that.

I'm here to teach the willing and the adventurous.

Im not some broad and I don't need a cheat sheet to gold. I have no problem finding gold, lots of gold. I deal in facts not fantasy!

What I have learned on forums is that there are many self proclaimed know it all's who dish out a whole lot of misinformation, some of which is dangerous!

Wow you own a mining company.

You are here to teach but when I ask a simple question you go off on a tangent and want to be paid for a simple answer???

I think maybe it upsets you that a young girl knows more about prospecting and mining than you do. Granted I don't know much about symbols but Im always willing to learn even if I would never use them to chase gold. I use symbols better known as USGS.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Frank that makes sense.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not some broad and I don't need a cheat sheet to gold. I have no problem finding gold, lots of gold. I deal in facts not fantasy!

What I have learned on forums is that there are many self proclaimed know it all's who dish out a whole lot of misinformation, some of which is dangerous!

Wow you own a mining company.

You are here to teach but when I ask a simple question you go off on a tangent and want to be paid for a simple answer???

I think maybe it upsets you that a young girl knows more about prospecting and mining than you do. Granted I don't know much about symbols but Im always willing to learn even if I would never use them to chase gold. I use symbols better known as USGS.

I hate to bring negativity into anyone's Thread but in this case, "Put up or shutup" or in other words, consider that all of us hail from Missouri and "Show Me"! John is willing to show his' Gold, show us some of the locations that he found that has Gold and willing to share with all of us on how to identify and read the codes, symbols and signs all on his time and his generosity but then, you and few others bring negativity into his Threads and Posts. Why can't you keep an open mind and possibly learn something that many others here on TNnet want to learn? Unless you have proof that John is a fraud and can show it, keep the "Read Between the Lines" innuendos and negativity out of the Threads and Posts, please!! I for one, want to learn even if I will never be able to totally understand or fathom what John writes or shows in photographs!

Frank

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Excuse me Frank I think you are confused. Go back and read from my first post here and tell me who is being negative, name calling, ect.

I made legitimate comments and asked legitimate questions.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Az .. do you have any idea of what food and supplies these old spanish hunters carried with them on long trips into barren lands to survive for the long extened trips ?
Dried figs nuts ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread