Passing thru Oregon in 2 weeks, and I hope to run my sluice, anyone got any Advice?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy Tnet Guys and Gals!

My family and I are headed from Seattle to Mount Shasta for a family camping trip. I am hoping to do a little prospecting on the way, and my wife is all for it. I am looking for some advice on public/permissible locations that my wife, our 14 year old son (my prospecting partner) and I can go that are easy to access (wife is not a good hiker, her heart doesn't like it that much) and that I can run my Bazooka Sniper!! Any help would make my favorite part of the upcoming trip great! Thanks to all who take the time to look at this post, and also to those who can offer advice!

Literally anywhere reasonably close to I-5 between Portland and Grants pass, even into northern California is good too!

Cheers!

Jesse B

Upvote 0

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Luck. Hope you find some great spots.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure if you can prospect there or not, but when you get near
Grants Pass be sure to check out the miles of exposed bedrock
along the river on the east side of I-5. Been driving past it for
years and drooling every time I do...
drool.gif~original

There's got to be dozens of spots near Shasta that you can
prospect, but be careful as they got funky laws down there.
I hear the Sheriff will give prospectors a ticket if they so much
as fart in their general direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread