All Treasure Hunting
Cleveland TN Very rich in history Good Luck

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Historically there is little if any mention of Gold in the Cleveland, Tennessee area. However, thus does not mean that it does no exist in some streams and the soil. Since Cleveland for the most part sits in the Tennessee Valley which was pretty much carved out by the Glaciers as the made their way to the Gulf of Mexico and/or Atlantic, there is surely some Placer Gold that was deposited. Also, since Cleveland is not far from the Western portions of the Appalachian Mountains and not far from known areas where Gold has been found, it is quite possible Gold was deposited in the area. This is due to the Volcanic and Tectonic Plate activity which cause the Westward of the upheaval which pushed rock layers, minerals and other compounds including Gold as well as even some mountains West and Southwestward into and across parts of Tennessee. You might want to test some stream mainly to the Northeast through Southeast of Cleveland to see if you can actually find some Gold.

Frank

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Frank. I will do some testing and see what pans out. .

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found one or two particles there just north of town on by friends private property in 1971 or so. I might have left a particle or even two. Not a place I would prospect again. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread