Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far north can you drive?

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry i can't help you but wish you and your son the very best.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to finally hear from you. I've enjoyed Alex's quest to be a prospector. Hope he's gotten some gold. He seems like quite a kid. I also want to say thank you for serving. I know you and yours have made huge sacrifices for the rest of us.

I am willing to do a bit of driving, how far are you thinking?

I'm guessing Garden Valley. If you are able to make the drive I am sure the guys up there in Gold Country will take good care of you.

I'm near the SFV/Glendale. I only get a dollar or two and its a ways from Barstow but I would be happy to be your guide. I think I recall you guys have been to East fork and Kern. Those are both OK.

I've never been there but maybe the Lytle Creek/Cajon pass (Blue Cut) area would be good to try. I don't know if there is water but it is certainly closer. There are some threads from a while back where there seemed to be good results there.

OP
OP
Failed to Find

Failed to Find

Greenie
Jan 3, 2014
I do appreciate the kind words, Alex has more drive and motivation to be a prospector then I have for about anything! I have adopted his hobby and now we both enjoy getting out there an chasing the gold or at least trying to chase it. Everyone on here has been absolutely great to my family and that doesn't go unnoticed so thank you to you and all. We have yet to find somewhere to go but Alex wants to get up into the Serra Nevada's I guess and we will back pack in and set up a camp he has been pouring over information and doing his research, and to be honest I'm not sure what he has come up with. But we hope to leave Monday and be out for a week or so. Thank you again sir and have a great day!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FtF you are right smack dab in the middle of some great gold country. Coolgarie.Also San Gab River not too far. The San Bernadino Mts. The El Pasos[ my old stomping gtounds]. I wish I could help you a bit But I'm in Id. Thanks for your service!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread