Lost Gold Pan

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my Gold Pan has finally moved on. How exactly it moved on or even where is beyond me? I had it next to me and was beating on some rock and went to grab my pan and it was gone.. I suspected the wind may have blew it in the water and still am of that mind. But on the other hand I spent an unreasonable amount of time looking in the river covering almost a mile stretch downriver.. No luck.. I have had that pan for a few years Oh well.. Anyway I am headed out here in a bit been getting into the underwater prospecting quite a bit.. Not only is it nice being in the river all the time on these hot days but I am also figuring it out. Actual looking for Pay areas underwater is difficult as their is a many factors working against you.. Water depth.. no bedrock ..no gold and many other issues. But on the other hand I have used it to further exploit my old known pay areas where I was stopped by water.. This has proven to be great. Anyway I hope everyone had a great Fourth and is getting some decent gold..

Upvote 0

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my Gold Pan has finally moved on. How exactly it moved on or even where is beyond me? I had it next to me and was beating on some rock and went to grab my pan and it was gone.. I suspected the wind may have blew it in the water and still am of that mind. But on the other hand I spent an unreasonable amount of time looking in the river covering almost a mile stretch downriver.. No luck.. I have had that pan for a few years Oh well.. Anyway I am headed out here in a bit been getting into the underwater prospecting quite a bit.. Not only is it nice being in the river all the time on these hot days but I am also figuring it out. Actual looking for Pay areas underwater is difficult as their is a many factors working against you.. Water depth.. no bedrock ..no gold and many other issues. But on the other hand I have used it to further exploit my old known pay areas where I was stopped by water.. This has proven to be great. Anyway I hope everyone had a great Fourth and is getting some decent gold.. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVDYujEyiQ&list=PL8cdDausg1YvY8uv9ZBHtC-83Z-B-7LvE

You rock! Sorry to hear about your pan, i have an extra 14" if you want it.
As for hunting under water, im right there with you-such a great way to spend the day

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome!

In California?

We don't have clear water on the east coast.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold gods have struck yet again. Pagan sacrafices mandatory to appease them so you can find some righteous oro puro. A nice underwater detector increases your take 1000% easily-John

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well I found it yesterday. sunk down about 15' and behind a humumgous boulder.. Makes me happy.. I have a few other pans about but it just ain't the same.. Heck even after I fished it out again it still had fly poop stuck in the fracture in the bottom of the pan.. Well anyway had to make a quick trip back this afternoon and actually headed back here in a hour or so a nice evening/midnight walk. Anyway stuff is on the up and up here getting some nice pickers and my average kicked up a bit which is always a good thing. hope all is well your way

California

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well I found it yesterday. sunk down about 15' and behind a humumgous boulder.. Makes me happy.. I have a few other pans about but it just ain't the same.. Heck even after I fished it out again it still had fly poop stuck in the fracture in the bottom of the pan.. Well anyway had to make a quick trip back this afternoon and actually headed back here in a hour or so a nice evening/midnight walk. Anyway stuff is on the up and up here getting some nice pickers and my average kicked up a bit which is always a good thing. hope all is well your way YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmzC1niFnf8 California
Great to hear that you found your lucky pan!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never saw a pile a nuggets I didn't like and mother nature taketh AND giveth back sometimes. Folks laugh at me as I still have my first Garreett pan from the very first batch made,slightly cracked,scratched,dinged,worn out just like me but WOW the stories it could tell-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread