Prospecting clubs

carnet56

Jan 28, 2013
laurens south carolina
Detector(s) used
white dfx
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that sounds like a great prices to me I would give that all day long down here in south carolina what do u get for that prices

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It may seem pricey ( I don't believe so ) but they can offer a lot.
Not only are they a great place to find used equipment, meet wonderful people and learn the ropes when your just starting but they offer places to go where you won't be hassled along with usually having a campground for its members.
I personally love local prospecting clubs and think they are invaluable.
I wouldn't expect to strike it rich at a claim because you can usually find better places if your willing to go where others don't want to. Claims are usually easy access and set up for all age groups and experience levels.

Usually clubs will allow you to come out with them and meet some people and play around at the claim to see if the club fits your tastes. I would contact them and see, couldn't hurt. Just don't write them off totally

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPAA clubs can't charge fees or dues. That could be a way to go.

OP
OP
M

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep looking. I will see if they have a open house so I can check it out.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPAA CHARGES MEMBERSHIP OVER $100+ AS OF A WHILE AGO. Go small,local yokel and non profit. GPAA is a FOR PROFIT COMPANY and as such no way. Over half the hypothetical claims in that insipid claims book are open public property anyway.John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA CHARGES MEMBERSHIP OVER $100+ AS OF A WHILE AGO. Go small,local yokel and non profit. GPAA is a FOR PROFIT COMPANY and as such no way. Over half the hypothetical claims in that insipid claims book are open public property anyway.John

John is right. I'm in three clubs but none of them have claims so dues are real cheap.

GG is right about having to pay up if they have claims, it's an asset they have to buy, lease, etc. after all.

And as stated you can join a local GPAA affiliate for free and without joining the national GPAA! That's what I did with High Plains Prospectors, a solid club led by a local couple who also own a prospecting store...great folks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
From what ive heard and have been reading over the net, the gpaa clubs east of the Mississippi River have been quiting gpaa. and the gpaa has deleted mining claims from their mining guide in the east aswell and also all of the gold show for atleast the next two years. make your own mind up as to what you want todo.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ol George [and others] started the GPAA years ago it was kind of a fun club. A lot of the claims then were pretty good too. At least the Kal , Or and AZ claims. They originally boasted to represent the small scale miner . Don't know about that. It looks like it has run it's course however. Oh wel,l C'est la vie

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never seemed very appealing to me considering I get better gold in Denver area open space parks than on the GPAA CO claims ;)

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not in any club. I've looked and asked around but can't find one near the villa rica ga area :(

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Click on the link and see the application for one of the bigger clubs in Arizona and see their fee's. Bottom line you pay for what you get. This club if you do the math has about 6000 acres of land to work.

ROADRUNNER PROSPECTING CLUB They have an annual payout to maintain their claims of about $43,000.00 per year.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZV ,D@mn that's a lot to pay out. Alot of claims too.The Roadrunners have a reputation for having very good claims. I'm not a member or anything, just commenting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions