Anyone have a Bazooka Gold Trap in Northern California near Chico?

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. I'm seriously looking to buy a Bazooka Gold Trap but I want to see the different models in person before I make a decision. I'm focused on the Prospector model but would like to see the 30-36" miner version as well. Would anyone in my area happen to have one I could take a look at? I'll buy lunch. I'm located in Paradise but would drive to Chico, Oroville, Marysville.

Also, if anyone has one local for sale I might be interested in it.

Thanks,
Benny

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey folks. I'm seriously looking to buy a Bazooka Gold Trap but I want to see the different models in person before I make a decision. I'm focused on the Prospector model but would like to see the 30-36" miner version as well. Would anyone in my area happen to have one I could take a look at? I'll buy lunch. I'm located in Paradise but would drive to Chico, Oroville, Marysville. Also, if anyone has one local for sale I might be interested in it. Thanks, Benny
You really need two people to wrassle the miner out of the creek and into a container for clean out (not a 5 gal bucket, something bigger). Do you consistently prospect with a another person and plan to both shovel into that same miner all the time? If not, I'd say go with the 36" Prospector and call it good.

OP
OP
Catchmydrift

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I have a friend I pan with once in a while but mostly go it alone. From their website, the miner looked pretty huge. Is the 36" Prospector something I could shovel into fairly quickly if I had fast water flow?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The prospector is great! I have the 36" prospector, and it beats me up every time I use it as it can work faster than I can...It can eat by the shovel full for sure.

image-1727089465.jpg

Last edited:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really need two people to wrassle the miner out of the creek and into a container for clean out (not a 5 gal bucket, something bigger). Do you consistently prospect with a another person and plan to both shovel into that same miner all the time? If not, I'd say go with the 36" Prospector and call it good.

You really should get a commission. Ever thought of a distributorship? :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Catchmydrift

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice setup you have there, Jesse. Making me jealous. :D

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get the 36" Prospector. I will let you know next time I am in Paradise and you can borrow my 48"

Honkey3k

Jul 14, 2014
Northern CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey folks. I'm seriously looking to buy a Bazooka Gold Trap but I want to see the different models in person before I make a decision. I'm focused on the Prospector model but would like to see the 30-36" miner version as well. Would anyone in my area happen to have one I could take a look at? I'll buy lunch. I'm located in Paradise but would drive to Chico, Oroville, Marysville.

Also, if anyone has one local for sale I might be interested in it.

Thanks,
Benny

I've got one. It is way better than a traditional sluice box. I will never classify again! Hit me up bendar.

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the 30" prospector and it is amazing i will handle as much as you can shovel. Oh and i have been digging out of the same hole as my partner he uses a keen sluice and i run three times the material and usually triple his gold count at the end of the day

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the 30" prospector and it is amazing i will handle as much as you can shovel. Oh and i have been digging out of the same hole as my partner he uses a keen sluice and i run three times the material and usually triple his gold count at the end of the day

That sounds about right!

OP
OP
Catchmydrift

Catchmydrift

May 2, 2014
Paradise,CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aufisher, thanks a lot! The 48" seems like it would be really clunky but I'm willing to try any of them out.

Honkey3k, holy crap! What are the chances man? Been a long time. You been lurking on this site for a while or something?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions