A day on the north fork

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Got to get out on the north fork again saturday and work my butt off. Nothing better than the sound of the river drowning out the sounds of the world and even your own thoughts, no place is more peaceful to me than the river. Just wanted to share some photos, i know i enjoy seeing everyone elses...

Attachments

• 20140712_091159.jpg
    20140712_091159.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 262
  • 20140713_133651.jpg
    20140713_133651.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SOHR!! Nice Color!! Very Restful Picture!! Do you actually have to Pan for it or does it just wash up in your pan while your taking a nap?? He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right about the river being nature's "white-noise". But sometimes you can hear the mumbled voices of the original Argonauts from gold-rush days !!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got to get out on the north fork again saturday and work my butt off. Nothing better than the sound of the river drowning out the sounds of the world and even your own thoughts, no place is more peaceful to me than the river. Just wanted to share some photos, i know i enjoy seeing everyone elses...

Awesome day! Keep it up. Maybe we can go sometime soon

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to get out of that supine position and get back to diggin gold. Nice finds on the NF. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
lol i do work hard out there, but i definitely like to relax and smell the roses for as long as i can keep myself from digging (which is never much longer than 5 minutes). This was a better than average day for me, hot as hell but the scenery and yes the gold made it all worth it.

TheGoldProspector- I will probably be out on the north fork again on Sunday. Hopefully i see ya out there

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol i do work hard out there, but i definitely like to relax and smell the roses for as long as i can keep myself from digging (which is never much longer than 5 minutes). This was a better than average day for me, hot as hell but the scenery and yes the gold made it all worth it. TheGoldProspector- I will probably be out on the north fork again on Sunday. Hopefully i see ya out there
I used to have sundays off..now wed/thurs.. Im headed out tomorrow

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that the NF American, Yuba?

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet, i have been on the NF Yuba, just can't seem to score, this summer has been a bust so far, hopefully September will turn things around

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I've wondered about the Yuba.. Are you really getting no gold, or no pickers/ nuggets?

How did you do last week GoldProspector? I came away pretty well yesterday :headbang:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've wondered about the Yuba.. Are you really getting no gold, or no pickers/ nuggets? How did you do last week GoldProspector? I came away pretty well yesterday :headbang:
Last week I went to yankee jims, on the NF American. Didnt do well at all, but I believe there is much gold there to be found..
The last few trips I have done better sniping than sampling/digging. Im glad to hear your pans are heavy. Keep digging deep SoHR

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Working my lower claim most of the this summer ( 2 month hiatus ) on the NF Yuba busting rock, highbankin, sluicing, sniping, detecting, finding gold in small quantity's 4 or 5 grains avg. few pickers. yesterday was typical using the sluice but on the hike out, eyed a spot with stacked up rocks on bedrock, will have to take the Com-a-long and move rock for a day, boulders size of a large truck tires, nice crevice perpendicular to river going under them boulders, Crossing my fingers:thumbsup:, it's all good
HH
I've wondered about the Yuba.. Are you really getting no gold, or no pickers/ nuggets?

How did you do last week GoldProspector? I came away pretty well yesterday :headbang:

OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope theres gold in that crevice for ya too!

GoldProspector- How is yankee jims?

Heres Sunday's total

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140722_184831.png
    ForumRunner_20140722_184831.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
SchoolOfHardRocks

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice gold... im finding all of my stuff working a bar with some exposed bed rock. It isnt that pretty though lol. Do you just have to hike a little off the beaten path to find areas like that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions