What is this ?

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• image-2178959372.jpg
    image-2178959372.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Bgt prospector/miner, Ggt nugget, gold cube, goldnsand hand pump Black magic miller table, blue bowl, garret pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought about it but its a pretty good hike to this location so i moved it a few feet and dug out where it was down to bedrock then rolled it back and yes i have test panned one spot up creek and got a picker from the top sand wihin two inches of the surface! I have high hopes for this creek

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser john that would be alot of digging for what i have but someone else started the hole i just dug another six inches out of it. Figured since they didnt bury the hole id give it a shot

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser john that would be alot of digging for what i have but someone else started the hole i just dug another six inches out of it. Figured since they didnt bury the hole id give it a shot
Hey...that's my honey hole!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it really? Lol i couldnt pass up a hole that was almost to bed rock with out panning it

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I honestly thought it was an abandoned hole i have been there five or so times and nothing changed. I went back today and took a look and someone buried the hole with large boulders and there were other people there so i just went up to south fork

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also i know a guy that used to live next to my dad here in crscent and moved to brookings wouldnt happen to be you would it? Lol

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice i have thought about playing around up there in the chet but i dont know the area well enough to know where it is ok and where its not

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice i have thought about playing around up there in the chet but i dont know the area well enough to know where it is ok and where its not
Good luck
Chetco is wild and scenic...not even a pan allowed!!

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow thanks for saving my arse on that one haha that is one reason i joined this site

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-93524807.jpg

This is my take from nine buckets of material yesterday

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Yeah thats a ancient clay layer, hardpan, false bedrock whatever you want to call it. You gota do what i did. Sample the gravels above the clay, sample the layer right on top of clay, and sample the first few inches of clay. Find exactly where most of the gold is and you will kill it.

I wish i had dirt that rich man, its easy to see why dredging in California was a legit job at one time.

OP
OP
yotaboy86

yotaboy86

Jul 14, 2014
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The gold in the pan was from yesterday the gold in the vial is about 80% from the same hole

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks just like the blue ground we find in the Alleghany sierra county area.

The new blue ground found in active streams was not what we looked for.
we looked for Great Blue Lead", a buried Tertiary auriferous gravel up on the side of the sides of the canyon.

a good place to look is up stream where you have a serpentine dike and look for quarts veins in or on the boundary zone of the serpentine

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That pebble is probably 400 pounds i have moved it about three feet but as gravity would have it...it will not roll up hill haha

You and your partner need some good steel gad bars about six foot long and and inch and half in diameter. I have walked boulders such as this around with bars like I describe. I am 59 and a couple of youngsters should be up to the task.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread