Yankee Jims

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you go upstream or downstream East side or west side.

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yankee Jim's

Upstream east side. My first time there. Kinda blind sampling I guess. Heard of people doing real good there, guess I just have to find a honey hole...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
If you've ever read Sam Raddings book "Sniping for Gold" , he said a dredger downstream on the south side from the bridge was taking 3/4 oz. a day with a 4". It was a couple hundred yards, but you could see the bend in the river from the bridge. Good place to check? with water levels down? I'd run for it.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yankeejimbridge.jpg

Love the bridge.....

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a couple from the bridge area

IMG_0787.JPG IMG_1383.JPG

newman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2014
Yuba County, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, i am new to this forum, and heading up to the north fork this weekend. Yankee Jims was on my list of places to stop at, was wondering about claims and being allowed to prospect for a short while. Is this allowed, without owning a claim or knowing the owner? Thanks in advance.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a claim below Yankee Jim's bridge starting at the big corner downstream, then it's private property. Don't go there, up from the bridge is a land trust and that gets trampled. Up near Indian creek is also a small piece of claim. Mineral bar bridge to 1/4 mile upstream claimed. Plenty of area to work and plenty o gold If you know how to find it, good luck.

newman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2014
Yuba County, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the info! Won't be able to hike upstream much, just scouting for a quick couple of pans and then moving on to the next stop.

newman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2014
Yuba County, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The family and I weren't able to make it out to the NF over the weekend - instead we opted for the Mokelumne and came across a nice flake for our efforts. Our first gold! It was a truly memorable experience, especially for my two year old! I wish we would have had some pics for posterity...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I don’t get out very often anymore...Never pass up moss...Some are loaded with gold..When you find that black clay start looking in the corners of rocks for some old hard pack.There used to be a lot of Trails that ran down to the American River...One at Gold Run and another at Big Bend ..there were also a couple above Foresthill...
.Art

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions