Water Wheel Hookah

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I am pretty freaking tired and it's already after midnight and my alarm is set for 430. Sorry got to make this brief but I will explain it here in a few days.. Tomorrow afternoon we expect to bring up some material and get some actual work done.. We spent today just running it and kinda swimming around making sure it would hold up for hours and can breathe easy..Test went good. But frame was a tad weak..Anyway until next time............

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
took my dremamine before watching
so you got enough air from the t-80 for one diver, thats great, and it actually had enough pressure to work the regulator
i would be leary of the nut case's when leaving that in the water, looks like it would be a bit of work to haul in and out everyday
thanks for the post
HH

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ingenious, put a coat of camo on it and good to go. You are getting closer and closer to dredging.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get to the final tweeking stage, give thought to place the yellow air reserve tank in the water, as that helps cool the air you will be breathing...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that is awesome. I hope you guys get to leave it and it stays secure.I know you wouldn't put that much effort into it unless you felt it was necessary....you deserve to have it stay safe and sound so you can use it....cool build Victor(and crew)

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ingenious idea and a great way to get air supply without having an engine and noise. Screw the CA bureaucrats and their screwed up laws. Hope it all works out for you and beating the system.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legally you could run a gas powered hookah....not having the noise is nice though.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
popsci1954.jpeg

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The whole things weighs about 35lbs without hose.. Akward carry but the while thing can be taken apart and put back together in less then 3 hours. with the exception of the paddle wheels everything can be packed in a backpack and carried. So far everthing is ok. we did some renforcing on the frame to prevent it from twisting. But now when we get around 5 or so feet down the pressure drops and makes breathing harder.. The belt is slipping.. So he is redoing the belt and putting in teeth. I am told by him that running properly it should run air enough for 2 men at about 15 to 20 feet.. I doubt we take the testing that far as for now one man in the water at a time is sufficient..We weigh it down with sand bags usaually 6.. 3 a side.. We are hoping by mid next week we will be moving dirt..It would be sooner but My Father is coming in from Arizona today for 3 days..We will be starting a new one here soon as they are simple. Just a little more durable material and some tweeking improvements. It has definitely been fun.. Under 1000 bucks to make.. Before I met this guy My brother and I intended to take Scuba.. My brother already is enrolled starts early August.. I will have to wait.. Kinda sux I have to wait but my brother is a very compent prospector and I rather no one else to assist in this deep adventure for gold.. Anyway Rick is goining to give me the plans and once he does I will post them. I am using only the Go Pro Camera now My dry bag leaked and ruined my other one so I am a camera down...I just want JIBO to come out that little robot is freaking awesome...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread