foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would post some old pics from my father in laws album, he`s passed away but was active in the 60-70 dredging and mining.
Me I never got in the water, my prospecting has been in dry soil with a GM. Heck, maybe one of you guys are in the pic? He is the one holding the dredge, in the second the shovel, and far left in the bottom pic.
Picture008.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In dayz of old when miners were bold ,when environutz and corrupt bureauratz weren't invented ,brave young men and their fantastic dredging machines made the world a better place for fish and man alike.NOW sic sic sic bs---Looks like a great fella-what river??John

OP
OP
F

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words Kiddo and Hoser John..
I`m not sure where exactly these were taken, he spoke of trips to the California river and other rivers in the north, he lived down the hill from San Gabriel canyon too, I cant see an excursion of men and equipment in the San Gabriels unless it was profitable.
Sorry I cant nail it down, sort of looks like the early San Gabriel mountains(east fork) as I remember it, In northern Ca. would have more green I think.
He always told his kids the dredge was in the garage even though the dredge and equipment was long gone, I know there was much more to his life but he always went into the same story, think he had dementia, wish I would have met him earlier in life, from what my wife his kids tell me he was a fun and interesting guy.

Last edited:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the kind words Kiddo and Hoser John..
I`m not sure where exactly these were taken, he spoke of trips to the California river and other rivers in the north, he lived down the hill from San Gabriel canyon too, I cant see an excursion of men and equipment in the San Gabriels unless it was profitable.
Sorry I cant nail it down, sort of looks like the early San Gabriel mountains(east fork) as I remember it, In northern Ca. would have more green I think.
He always told his kids the dredge was in the garage even though the dredge and equipment was long gone, I know there was much more to his life but he always went into the same story, think he had dementia, wish I would have met him earlier in life, from what my wife his kids tell me he was a fun and interesting guy.

if i where in my 20's during the increase of gold mining in the 70's and 80's I would have been all over the hills

shame tha might not happen agoin, and shame one of the guys who was part of it passed away

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always date and comment on the backs of your pics, youngun's - you never know, they may be in a museum someday if you do it...

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess - top pic looks like a norcal river, American or Yuba maybe - bottom pic maybe EF San Gabriel ? p.s. these guys got pounds, not grams !! :occasion14:

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always date and comment on the backs of your pics, youngun's - you never know, they may be in a museum someday if you do it...

Wait you mean you can have pictures that are not on a computer or phone? What do you do print then? Pshhh

LOL my dad was notorious for always having a pen on him the moment he picked up his 35mm pictures. His saying was " An elephant never forgets, and neither do I once it's written down."

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome pics, I wish I had some from my Dad and Gramps. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread