Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm BACK! :)

Hi everybody!

Whelp after a super long time of not having reliable internet I have good internet again and am able to troll :alien: the threads again! lol

I also have not posted new vids for over a year but will be getting some more on my YouTube Channel CrainRacing - YouTube

I have continued to snipe and prospect all over and did awesome last summer and have done OK this summer but nothing like my first two summers.

I have 20 grams sitting ontop of the fridge right now and a bunch of nuggets and pickers totaling about 10 more grams from this season.
I had to let go of about 8 grams this season too to cover some costs.
So as you can see, not as good as the last two years when I had ounces stacking up but still tons of fun. :)

My best ever nugget was found this year, a 4 gram bison looking nugget.... but..... I broke a little chunk off when removing it from the bedrock so now its 3.4 grams without the chunk and 4 with, but I keep them together. Still, not bad. :)

Only 1 silver coin popped up this year so far, a nice 1939 Mercury Dime in GOOD condition.
Although I did find some neat rings. One is so heavily encrusted that I cant tell what metal it is but right where a Diamond would be mounted is a HUGE chunk of bluestone, its pretty cool, like a rotting pirate ring. :D The other ring I found a couple days ago sniping was a silver plated spoon with roses on the front and back that had been flattened and bent back around into about a size 15 ring. Most of the silver was missing but it was still a really cool find.

I have to take some pics tonight to post.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone, happy sniping. :)

The nuggets on the bottom are some that I still have, the large one of the bottom is the 3.4/4 grammer.
The Corn Flake nugget above was found in some blue clay sticking straight up. I sold those three nuggets for $200 last Christmas so that I could buy my daughter a really nice Tablet.

Nuggets 2.jpg

Nuggets 1.jpg

IMG_8295.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, its good to be back with like minded friends. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you, I covered a lot of ground to find it all. :P
I don't know what it is but I think gold from Shasta and Trinity Counties is just more brilliant than most other places.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
welcome Neo, wanna see some real glimmer of gold try the Merced Area, JMHO seems the further south i go the brighter that AU shines. Of course i would not complain if i found shine like yours sweet

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks again everyone. :)

I have wanted to hunt south of here and in the Motherlode area's but have not gotten a chance to yet.
I know Pville wanted to head a couple trips the last time I was here, maybe he still wants to. :)

Fullpan, one of my good buds on here, glad to see your still here too. :)
Yup, Redding and western Shasta counties are awesome places to find gold, I am lucky to be here. :D
I don't mind sharing advice either, but only my inner circles like Fullpan get to know my hotspots when they visit. ;)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome back and super nice gold!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words Neo - fyi, "Pville" has changed his username to "Goldwasher"

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ahh, thanks for the heads up. :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yay, welcome back!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope, never does.
Right now I am trying to get enough money together without selling too much of my stuff for an ATX Extreme. :)

I am half way there with small gold, just need to sell some of those mustang parts I have boxed away now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread