Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I discovered a sluice. 4 feet tall ABS with an ABS flare, all molded in to one piece. No markings, and after the very wide flare...(18 inches) a small pocket with blue miners moss, then Hungarian riffles, no drop riffles.
Yes I'm trying to get a picture. It is in an antique mall, and the owners said..no pictures, we have had problems. ??
He would not explain. When did the first ABS sluice come out?

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no clue but the Tee Dee sluice has been around for a while, though it is a much smaller sluice mostly for low flow, testing and cleanup.

When I googled "Plastic Sluice" I had thousands of image results. Search through them and see if you can find it.

How much were they asking for it? If it is anymore than 50-65% the cost of a New A52 I would walk.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue but the Tee Dee sluice has been around for a while, though it is a much smaller sluice mostly for low flow, testing and cleanup.

When I googled "Plastic Sluice" I had thousands of image results. Search through them and see if you can find it.

How much were they asking for it? If it is anymore than 50-65% the cost of a New A52 I would walk.
Oh I looked at ABS sluice images for quite a while...nothin'
I 'am borrowing a small camera, and will try to get a pic.
I was just thinking if it's 20, 30 years old, or a prototype it might be worth having.
It's not a Bazooka, so it would never get used! :laughing7:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive replaced my sluices with my own ABS o/u sluices and flaires for sometime now. its half the cost and weight of alum. once you cement the edges with ABS adhesive and it cures, itll never come apart! if that sluice you saw was at a reasonable price id jump on it for yourself!

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will get a picture. This sluice is one piece 4 feet long, 4 or 5 inches thick the flare is about 18 inches wide.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun factoid-Dahlke with his B poly series was the first dredge box formed also. Great man much missed as a original oldie AND a goodie RIP-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Le Trap was here probably 20 years ahead of all these new comers.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Le trap =forever
Angus mackirk =20 yrs
Good design for last 9
Tee Dee = 10 -20
USprospector =10 yrs

In the mid 80s there were ABS dredge boxes and sluices.
Many of the old designs were reborn and used again.

Now Many new people reinventing anything they think will make them money. Used to be guys would make something that worked and just happened to sell it if someone wanted them

When Ziggy was alive he made a lot of interesting equipment. 60s to 80s.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/2" on all boxes for me works just fine. At days end I clean ,then run oversize seperately. Whenever possible I much prefer to classify dry as less weight and better job as no water to lessen s.g. edge. Same with cons going into bowls/wheels whatever BUT feed wet,classify dry.John

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks John. Another quick couple of questions: Have you ever used your Le Trap as an "in the river sluice"? I realize with the Le Trap being so flexible, it is necessary to place it in a stable bed of rock and somehow weight down. If so, do you remember the approximate flow depth through the sluice.

Thanks John,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread