The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was planning on going to get in the March maybe middle of March don't really have a set date just looking for things to do while I'm there besides prospecting I like to see the other sites

That's usually a pretty wed and dreary month for that area ( I say usually because we're in a drought and even the mosquitoes are out now). I would recommend at least May-July.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's usually a pretty wed and dreary month for that area ( I say usually because we're in a drought and even the mosquitoes are out now). I would recommend at least May-July.

I second this statement late February to Mid April are the worst time to come for mining because of the Spring run off but we can keep you posted on the weather and this year hasn't really kicked into gear yet. Either way though with a broken hand, the Bear is a good safe place that time of year.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some places I was thinking of staying there camp lotus or American river resort any thoughts on these places

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's the weather

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have another question what do y'all use for bear and cat protection
Thanks you

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well finally made my trip to California it was tough getting there but when I got there it was nice found a little color here's some pictures ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870628.681641.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870655.108617.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870683.739435.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870728.946197.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870744.120308.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870757.628148.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425870774.518807.jpg that's add one crevice I still have more concentrates to go through

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! Where did you end up going? Did you take Goldwasher up on his offer, you should, lots of history and gold in his area? If you do or did and are here long enough, head north from his area and sight see your way up on hwy 49 to Downieville turn around and Prospect your way back. Good luck, enjoy, and be safe.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We wind up going to Auburn area and Colfax went to bear River Campground and I believe it was the North Fork and middle Fork River area below forest hill bridge it take longer then expected to get over there on count of the snowstorm so really didn't have too much time to take goldwasher up on his offer I hope on my next trip I can but we were able to also stop off and Southwest Arizona around exit 10 I believe and found some Quartz rock we brought home to crash well hopefully I can make it back there next summer for two weeks

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We wind up going to Auburn area and Colfax went to bear River Campground and I believe it was the North Fork and middle Fork River area below forest hill bridge it take longer then expected to get over there on count of the snowstorm so really didn't have too much time to take goldwasher up on his offer I hope on my next trip I can but we were able to also stop off and Southwest Arizona around exit 10 I believe and found some Quartz rock we brought home to crash well hopefully I can make it back there next summer for two weeks

Nice! Yeah, you'd better come back, I see you didn't get that Marshall's pastie!

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to go on trip number two how's the weather over there this time or year

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brown and orange with a chance of low visibility!!!!! come on El Nino!!

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you telling me to stay home I was hoping we can meet up and you can take me to the handicap spot[emoji53][emoji2]

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you telling me to stay home I was hoping we can meet up and you can take me to the handicap spot[emoji53][emoji2]

I was drinking coffee and watching the news sorry couldn't help it :laughing7:...By all means come out and keep in touch!

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally made it over thought I'd share my take for the first day I was at the North Fork by the forest hill bridge the little picker I got an a hole I'm going to try to finish cleaning out tomorrow ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443663600.171293.jpg

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you did well. Nice gold! Glad your trip was a success.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no pickers today from that hole I finished it today tomorrow I'll try mineral bar or bear River and see if I can get some there

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just makin my rounds on the river and I think I may have met you today but hard to know for sure.. Anyway I picked about for a few hours but nothing really came of it.. Just a lot of flypoop.. I hope you had better luck.. Anyway here is a vid of someone who recently had some good success on that stretch of river. Good luck with the gold and enjoy your trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread