An idea for next spring?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a thought.
I don't know where your fires are but if they are in gold districts you might check those burnt areas for new erosion, after your winter rains or runoff, since they may have created new gullies to explore or replenished existing ones for prospecting.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on what type a winter we have. They're calling for a El Nino with massive rain which totally screws up everything. After fire everything moves as no vegetation to hold anything in 1 place,good and bad and does not have enough time to accumulate just a filthy mess is left. I have claims they burnt to stop a fire and after 8 years just now cleaning and concentrating,but with a thick carbon layer that is ungodly.-John

OP
OP
A

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It all depends on what type a winter we have. They're calling for a El Nino with massive rain which totally screws up everything. After fire everything moves as no vegetation to hold anything in 1 place,good and bad and does not have enough time to accumulate just a filthy mess is left. I have claims they burnt to stop a fire and after 8 years just now cleaning and concentrating,but with a thick carbon layer that is ungodly.-John
I hear you on the mess it will probably create. I was thinking more about steeper ground where new openings may be cut in hillsides or through benches. Good luck and I hope your area improves rather than gets messed up.

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I plan on going this fall before the rains, as the poison oak is all burned out of that area, so I can work areas that have not been touched for decades now. Befre the fire it was totally impassable.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know how it is in the North but the Angeles Forest burn area was closed for many years after the big "Station Fire" in 2009. Five years later there are still areas closed for "recovery"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread