A TRUE "SMALL SCALE" MINING OPERATION

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Leave it up to the model railroad guys to build it. I work with this guy that his father was in the Tucson Model Railroad Club. He built his father to scaled 6 foot long wooden bridge that had details only one could image. They ask me to come up with a prairie dog field that had little prairie dogs popping up from their holes. Using 24 12vdc solenoids that had 1.5" of travel we built a field. I took and turned a piece of oak on a lathe place a divot or two in 24 separate sections along the length of oak. At each divot was a micro switch installed that was either NO or NC contacts. As the oak shaft rotated these micro switches would engage cause a little plastic prairie dog to pop up from thier den then back down. The first time it was used was at the Tucson Pima County Fair. This was my first time to have ever been to a showing of a very large RR setup by all its members. The prairie dog field was a huge hit among the crowds of people and kids.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I once found a youtube video of a guy who excavated his basement using RC, even had a rock crushing plant

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread