jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping they got rid of Zeke since he became a Drama Queen.
But I guess that was dreaming too big :unhappysmiley:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe he's just shrewed? LOL... Probaly makes more money because of the Drama. Whats that people used to say all the time?? Don't hate the player hate the game? Now my question is if that the case what is Emily dad doining on any show about anything? By far the most useless man I have ever seen represented on T.V.. I hope its TV!! what if he really like that.. And why does he make more money then me (just guessing) the American Way most often it the ones with the least to contribute who have so much......

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he's just shrewed? LOL... Probaly makes more money because of the Drama. Whats that people used to say all the time?? Don't hate the player hate the game? Now my question is if that the case what is Emily dad doining on any show about anything? By far the most useless man I have ever seen represented on T.V.. I hope its TV!! what if he really like that.. And why does he make more money then me (just guessing) the American Way most often it the ones with the least to contribute who have so much......

Ah-Ha :laughing7: I have to agree with you on Steve .
The first time I saw him I thought "Comedy Relief ? "

then after awhile I thought, "Brought in to torture Meisterheim" :laughing7:

But last season it became obvious, he really has no purpose :dontknow:

& Yes Zeke is the new Scott Meisterheim, But still doesn't make it right imo

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine if all the players were functional and drug free?

I would watch a show with smart hard working Miners doing real business with low drama... would anyone else?

At least they are leaving a bunch for everyone else...

Teocuitlatl

Aug 11, 2014
michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
The show makes them drama up and act thing's out the work is real but a lot of the "crap" is for show I personally know a person running a crew up there on the show and they said it's not as crazy as they make it seem at time's

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Is there going to be another "Gold Rush Alaska" again? If so, when? I checked Discovery channel, but cannot find anything on it.

I know Fred Hurt won't do it again, but is Toad Hoffman finished?

I like the gold shows, because then my mining buds come over to watch with me, and we have a grand old time!

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news. No Scott Meisterheim.

'Bering Sea Gold' returns to Discovery Channel, Scott Meisterheim won't be back | MLive.com

KALAMAZOO, MI -- The fourth season of Discovery Channel's "Bering Sea Gold" will air on Aug. 22, but Kalamazoo's Scott Meisterheim won't be on it.

Meisterheim made a name for himself as the villain on the reality show about people dredging the bottom of the Bering Sea in Nome, Alaska, in search of gold. Meisterheim has had confrontations with cast members and a cameraman in the previously three seasons. In previous interviews with the Kalamazoo Gazette and MLive.com, Meisterheim voiced his displeasure with his betrayal.

Attempts to reach Meisterheim were not successful, but his agent and manager Russ Herriott said Discovery Channel chose not to option him back for the show.

"They plot their stories and they have an idea where they wanted take the show. Sometimes, certain character stories get exhausted. They felt Scott Meisterheim's story has been told," he said.

As part of an exclusivity clause in his contract with Discovery, Meisterheim cannot appear on similar media outlets until a certain time frame has passed. Herriott said the exclusivity expires soon. Herriott, who said he hasn't talked to Meisterheim in a couple months, said they have had conversations about taking "his personality to another level."

"There's a lot out there for him should he choose to capitalize on it," he said.

Herriott also said Meisterheim enjoyed the show, but it was time to move on.

"I think Scott was very happy not to be part of it ... He's not heartbroken about it," he said.

You can read more stories about Meisterheim's stint on "Bering Sea Gold" on MLive.com.

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish they'd get rid of Steve. Isn't that the chicks dads name? He's an unproductive fruit loop. It's been off the air for a minute. I watched the show to try to learn at first about dredging, but now it's turned into a soap opera. I'll still watch it though, just to see how much gold everybody gets. Better than everything else on tv to in my estimation

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pomrenkes sound like they didn't do so well over the winter season and are looking forward to the warmer season. The kid stated "we got our a** kicked!" just earlier in previews during tonight's Gold Rush special.

Just what I saw...

T

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
The Pomrenkes sound like they didn't do so well over the winter season

Basically no one does well over the winter season. It's twice as hard, takes twice as many man hours per nozzle hour, and the gold per hour is less than half the summer time.

I did through the ice one year in 2011, it was horrible. There was us and one other gold mining operation on all of the Bering Sea. I lost money on that venture. Even if I didn't have any capital costs, and with gold at $1700/ozt like it was then, I made less than minimum wage.

The Discovery production company wanted us to do it again in 2012 when they filmed the first season under the ice; and we would have if they paid enough and had given us enough warning so we could have staged our equipment differently, as it was our gear was under a 15 foot snowdrift.

My ice hut did end up on one season, the green shelter on skis that they portrayed as Zeke's. That turned out to be about $12.50/hr for the guys working on it; and they were by far the most successful.

The only reason anyone does through the ice a second year is for the TV show, or they live in Nome year round and have nothing else to do. They would do better working as a checker at a grocery store.

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone watch last night? Emily grossly overspent again and for once, Vernon is in the lead. That messed up family, though... that could be major drama without scripting it.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone watch last night? Emily grossly overspent again and for once, Vernon is in the lead.

I actually felt sorry for her
& had to laugh how much the Name "Dragon Slayer" bugged Glen LeBaron :laughing7:
I only wish she would have Trounced him with it.

Of course I still will always root for the Underdog & loose respect for big ego's

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Self imposed nicknames are annoying. The mr gold thing is starting to get on my nerves. Granted he gets the gold but come on.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I don't think many people like Glen, way too full of himself.
Of course his outside hole freezing over put him in his spot a little.

Did anyone else get the same feeling that he was pissed off that Zeke didn't go to jail?
Sorry bra, no takeover's this season.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but didn't Zeke still get the Felonies, just without jail time?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would Think he got the record. Just as you said Without the Jail Time.

I didn't catch the bit on Glen/Zeke .
I don't Like Zeke, I lost all respect for him over the Last Season,
ripping off Emily, even though she's child like.
acting like Meisterheim on alcohol , blaming it all on the death of a friend.
But I don't hold it against him that he got off with a Wrist slap.
Anyone that gets one over on the Law Gets a subliminal pat on the Back from Me.
just my opinion of law and order in a so called free society, But I digress , No politics intended.

I think the hole freezing over was planned.
(they know how long it takes for water to freeze there)
Notice the Big Production over the second hole in the tent Before & after.
I think it was some Morons idea of Teaching precautions. maybe even Glen.

There was even someone with a camera watching him try to break Through ,
But not offering to help.

Notice how small the Hole was, compared to the Others from the Git-Go.
he stayed down longer, Nobody around to bust up the forming crust
at the beginning.

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting